Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Brunch Menu

Hola Guys!

I am hosting a small brunch for my fam-bam this weekend and need suggestions on an easy brunch menu.

I always do a bowl of fresh fruit so - usually cut up bosc pears with blueberries and strawberries.

I was thinking of making an egg bake of some sort - ideas?

I am drawing a blank...breakfast is my favorite meal everrrr...so why am I drawing a blank?

Ideas?
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Re: Easy Brunch Menu

Make some things and buy the rest.

Egg bake?....frittata? Quiche?

Or go Desi and make khagina and halwa poori n chanay....along with frozen parathas and throw in some croissants and sweet pastries.

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
      Make some things and buy the rest.

Egg bake?....frittata? Quiche?

Or go Desi and make khagina and halwa poori n chanay....along with frozen parathas and throw in some croissants and sweet pastries.

I've never made khagina...do you guys make it? My mom never made it either...do you have a recipe?

Comment

The amount of the ingredients will vary according to how many people you'll be serving.

In my home, for 4 people...this is how we make it:

Finely chop an onion.

Take 3-5 medium-to-large potatoes and cut them in small pieces.....the same way you would cut an apple for a fruit chaat. Basically small, thinly sliced pieces of potato.

Fry the onion and potatoes on low to medium heat. Let them cook and before the onions turn brown, you add finely chopped ginger. I can't give you an amount as I eyeball it. You could say about 2 tablepoons of finely chopped ginger; it adds a nice flavor and takes the eggy smell out.

Then in a bowl, you crack and whisk 6-8 eggs. To the whisked eggs, you add chopped dhania, chopped green chillies, and diced tomatoes. I have to have tomatoes cuz I loves them...and usually I cut 1-2 of them. Give everything a good mix and then add the seasonings as per your taste. We do a teaspoon of salt and crushed red pepper flakes.

You can keep the onions and potatoes on low heat so they don't burn on you. I guess I don't have to tell you as you've been cooking for longer...but I is a notorious burner. So, the final step is to pour your whisked eggs containing the tomatoes/dhania/chilies/seasoning into the pan with the onions and tomatoes and scramble it up. That's it.
        Last edited by redvelvet; Aug 4, 2014, 05:58 PM.

Comment

I love your bbq pics...have a bbq brunch with fresh fruit and salad.
          May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
          Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
          Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

u want to go desi or just anyone?

If desi you can make/buy parathas and serve with the khagina. To go with can be shami kabab and place bread, whoever wants can put it in slice and have it. If you want something sweet also go for simple cake or cupcakes may be.

Other than this can be frittata with Garlic bread its my favourite combo and you can even put croissants for it. Hash browns can be added to the menu or may be chicken/beef/ even tomatoe cheese sandwiches would serve well. You can have option of pancakes too or if you have waffle maker that can go good too. Do post pics when you done

Comment

-freshly baked waffles (or pancakes if you dont have a waffle maker) with pancake syrup,etc

-egg souffle (with spinach,mushrooms,cheese and olives- assemble in a dish a day ahead and bake in the morning before serving)-it is YUM when served with steamed veggies

-Shakshouka (make the gravy a night ahead and do the eggs part+cooking in the morning)
              "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

Okay so far, it looks like this:

Aloo tarkari
                Palak cholay
                Parathay
                Chocolate chip cookies
                Biscuit and Egg bake
                Fresh fruit
                I need one sweet item now...something like cinnamon rolls but not cinnamon rolls

Ideas?

Comment

Eclairs/profiterole
                  Donuts
                  Honeycomb bread
                  Cheesecake

Comment

Originally posted by Reha View Post

Aloo tarkari
                    Palak cholay
                    Parathay
                    Chocolate chip cookies
                    Biscuit and Egg bake
                    Fresh fruit
                    I need one sweet item now...something like cinnamon rolls but not cinnamon rolls

Ideas?
                    How about danish?
                    May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
                    Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
                    Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

Originally posted by Reha View Post

Aloo tarkari
                      Palak cholay
                      Parathay
                      Chocolate chip cookies
                      Biscuit and Egg bake
                      Fresh fruit

Ideas?
                      sounds yummy.

sweet item .... scones? or not too sweet coffee cake?

u already got your fruit ... but throwing it out there ... individual yogurt parfaits .... easy to put together and so good!

mera ishq hai meri zindagi, mera ishq hai meri bandagi
                      mujhe aashiqon mein shumarr kar, muje aashiqi ka silaa na dey

Comment

Working...
                      X