X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Food Combinations - White Rice

Nothing can beat daal n white chawal
    Other than this kari. Huby can eat white rice wth anything
    Meri hasti may ANAA hay meri masti may shaaoor ...

Comment

Daal Chawal

Karhi with rice

Chanay with rice...yum

Saag and rice

Saaq qeema with rice

Shami kabab and rice
      Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Reha View Post
        Daal Chawal

Karhi with rice

Chanay with rice...yum

Saag and rice

Saaq qeema with rice

Shami kabab and rice

Comment

Originally posted by KKF View Post
          i LOVE Khushkaa with shaamii kabaab.
          Originally posted by khattichic View Post
          Add khatti daal to this and you have the most heavenly meal in the world...my favorite!!

(and I thought we hydros were the only ones who say khushkaa lol)
          wht is khushkaa?

Comment

Food Combinations - White Rice

^ "khushka" is just plain white rice

Comment

Originally posted by khattichic View Post
              ^ "khushka" is just plain white rice
              it must be basmati rice and cooked grains must all be tender and separate from each other...plate meN aapke istiqbaal ke liye chaawaloN kaa khaRe honaa bhii zaroorii hai.
              Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
              16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Personally, I'm not that big a fan of white rice. However, it does go well with the following Thai dish, which mainly consists of:
                • White rice
                • Noodles with a touch of soya sauce
                • Small strips of beef marinated with meat tenderizer and a bit of ginger and garlic, mixed in with cut up snow peas and red bell peppers, orange juice, as well as a touch of Thai or Chinese chili garlic sauce (along with salt and pepper)
                • The dish goes well with orange juice as a beverage. If you do try out the recipe, enjoy!
                Shine on the world like loving sunlight (Rumi).
                The most important principle of environment: you are not the only element (Mahavira)
                Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without
                (Buddha).

Comment

Ok

Comment

I like rice as a stand alone dish such as Biryani or Chinese fried rice....not as an side accompaniment to a salan.

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                      I like rice as a stand alone dish such as Biryani or Chinese fried rice....not as an side accompaniment to a salan.
                      Dittto
                      The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

Comment

One of my Filipino friends had a different way of enjoying white rice .

She used to pour a raw egg in the middle of a plate of rice. then put it in the oven for 20 minutes , sprinkle salt and pepper and some of their local spices and you are good to go. I never liked rice with egg but she said it made a beautiful combination .

Also another thing she used to do with white rice was sprinkle orange juice or pine apple juice and stir fry the rice on high fire , then add a tiny bit more orange juice or Pineapple juice or bits and serve it in the plate along with mangoes ! It was more like a fruit thing , I had tasted that and no doubt it was a unique experience for me. I liked the orange flavoured rice !
                        The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

try white rice with red kidney beans gravy , its the most awesome combination even better than daal chawal

We call red kidney beans ka saalan "Mothee" (it's in Punjabi) Indians call it Rajmaa and in Urdu it's laal lobia.

rajma-chawal-recipe15.jpg
                          Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity !

Comment

[MENTION=6672]Gemini the Great[/MENTION] Do you remember Aapa jee's red kidney beans salan? the entire group would go on bhook hartal except me ! I was in love with those kidney beans and rice !
                            The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

I love rice n red beans combo. Do you have any good recipe of kidney beans? If yes please share it here. Thank you
                              The Way I Are!

Comment

Angel, usually I prepare the basic onion masala , ginger garlic , tomatoes , spices : salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, two tablespoons full of corriander and cumin crush.

Then add in the half boiled beans , bhoon. Add in the water ( from the boiled beans ) and put it on pressure for 20 minutes. finally add in fresh corriander and green chilli and you are good to go

Comment

Working...
                                X