Food Combinations - White Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Combinations - White Rice

Food combinations can make or break the beauty of a meal !

Every few days I will mention a food item , I am sure most of us will have varying combinations we like. Lets share those.

This week, lets talk about White Rice combinations.
    The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Re: Food Combinations - White Rice

With Daal and achaar

With kaRhi pakoRa

With meat / fish saalan

With aaloo bhujiya saalan

Now this will be shocking for many. Many households in Sindh have mangoe with white rice during mango season. Its the simple dinner for them during summer. There is also a combination of white rice (softer than usual) with sugar / musti (guR).
    We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

For some reason I have never enjoyed Kari pakora with white rice

I think korma goes really really well with white rice
      The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

I just read , that white rice with gur / shakkar ! oh my god , its like truly heavenly !!!

Comment

good idea

Comment

even any shorba or curry goes well with white rice ................. like chicken , kabuli chana etc etc.
            we cook sort of desi chinese rice
            first fry onion, tomato, green chillies , then fry white rice ,add masalay and add omellate ........ i make it really spicy with bit of ketchup.

Comment

Might just be me , I have never liked white rice with kabuli channa's either I find it all goes really bland ..

Plain white rice with a bit of achar tastes good enough occasionally :Cb:

Comment

Loveee white rice with a lil shorbay wala bhindi gosht

Comment

Nothing beats Chawal with Karhi! Soo yummyyy..
                  Others can be daal with tikkiyan (cutlets), aaloo gosht, aloo anday mix saalan, rajma my mouths watering now :drool: tomato+mint+onion raita goes well with white rice and khatti daal
                  Loca loca loca
                  Follow me on tumblr: bellarougecreations.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken Biryani View Post
                    Might just be me , I have never liked white rice with kabuli channa's either I find it all goes really bland ..

Plain white rice with a bit of achar tastes good enough occasionally :Cb:
                    Me neither!! I like kabuli chanay shoba with naan and khulchay but not on rice, tastes blahh
                    Loca loca loca
                    Follow me on tumblr: bellarougecreations.tumblr.com

Comment

i LOVE Khushkaa with shaamii kabaab.
                      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
                      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by KKF View Post
                        i LOVE Khushkaa with shaamii kabaab.
                        Add khatti daal to this and you have the most heavenly meal in the world...my favorite!!

(and I thought we hydros were the only ones who say khushkaa lol)

Comment

Originally posted by khattichic View Post
                          Add khatti daal to this and you have the most heavenly meal in the world...my favorite!!

(and I thought we hydros were the only ones who say khushkaa lol)
                          true...you make the bestest 'khatti daal'? apne nick kii laaj torakhnii paRegii na?

Hyderabadis speak Urdu [in their own way] and we speak Urdu too...Khushkaa kai ko nai bolegaa, baavaa!
                          Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
                          16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Kari Pakora and white Rice. tasty...!

Comment

I don't like salans with rice. I prefer my daals, chanay, kadhi, qorma etc with roti.

Comment

Working...
                              X