Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretch Marks

So...

Anyone made it through without these? And if so...what did you do?

Any ideas?
    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Re: Stretch Marks

It's all genetic, unfortunately. If your mama had them, you probably will too despite any number of lotions and options that may say otherwise. Mine faded pretty quickly- you can't really see them usually except for now when I'm preggo again and my tum is all stretched out. My cousin made it through with none, lucky girl, but she's also one of the "right back to her normal skinny self within days of giving birth" types.

I guess keep moisturising lots and making sure you drink lots of water too to keep your skin hydrated and supple and hope for the best!
    Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
    - Nehru

Comment

My mom has them but she had four...does it matter how many you have?

I am drinking water - tonssss of it because I am so thirsty all the time.

Someone said Bio Oil? Does that help?

I don't want 'em!
      Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

whoever makes those claims, about their products, are lying. nithing can stop you from getting stretchmarks.

wear em with pride :d
        standing alone on a street of broken dreams

Comment

Made through without a single one, twice! Did nothing

Comment

Yup unfortunately its all genetic and has to do with the elasticity of your skin. If your mom had them, most likely will you. You can try to make sure your weight gain is slow and steady, since stretch marks usually appears when your skin can't keep up with how fast it stretches.
            Mine faded very quickly after birth. With my first I tried bio oil and thought that was the reason for them fading so quickly but with my second I didn't try anything and they still faded pretty fast ... So I guess it just depends on the person?
            What you see is what you get. And what you get comes with a tiara ^_^

Comment

First kid, I had stretch marks before I hit 12 weeks mark!!! yes like huge one's along my belly/upper back/arms/chest!!!

I tried EVERYTHING including bio oil/palmers coco/stri-vectin/almond oil/coconut oil.....my stretch were that bad and purple that I had to get dermabrasion done on my both biceps....purple lines coming down....tauba!! worst thing I had ever seen

Other kids nothing major happened. This mom was stretched beyond anymore stretching. 5 some years later they aren't purple anymore but silver/white lines are fully there as a reminder...Oh well!!

I would say EAT fruit/veggies (bell peppers/strawberries, oranges) like anything to boost the collagen in the skin, I am not a fruit person so I couldn't eat no matter how much I tired.
              She is madness sanity, She is hell and paradise

Comment

I agreed nothing works I got big line from my chest till my belly and other stretch marks it started getting fade after delivery and vanished completely after 1.5 years but honestly I was never bothered
                Meri hasti may ANAA hay meri masti may shaaoor ...

Comment

I am adamant about embracing the stretch marks. You are a warrior, these are battle scars!
                  I'm sarcastic because it is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Comment

I haven't found anything that worked for me not even bio oil but do moisturize with cocoa butter and try doing a scrub 2x a week with sugar and almond oil.
                    Slightly Crazy and Plenty Lazy

Comment

Clarins

Comment

I have been massaging my belly with warm olive oil. My Dr said there's nothing you can really do to prevent stretch marks, but keeping the skin moisturised can help a little bit. If nothing else, it definitely soothes the itching.
                        Oh, and I've also heard that gaining weight too quickly can make them worse. Make sure you're tracking along to the recommended weight gain.
                        There is no one like me. There's only me.

Comment

Yes dont scratch keep it moisturized
                          Meri hasti may ANAA hay meri masti may shaaoor ...

Comment

Congratulations Reha!! didn't know you were expecting. Best wishes for the pregnancy

Comment

I haven't seen any this time around and I have not applied anything either.
                              May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
                              Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
                              Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

Working...
                              X