Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In honour of our kids ..

Originally posted by Chicken Biryani View Post
    in terms of veggies for kids, what would you guys say is the healthiest vegetable for kids?
    I'm guessing the healthiest vegetables for kids would be the same ones for adults. The nutritional content in a food does not change for the consumer, be it adult or child. I think presentation is even more important to kids, to lure them to eat their veggies. Like add veggies to noodles, or cutlet form, or in a stuffed pastry, on top of pizza, puree and add in pancakes, veggie skewers, that sorta thing. Plus, there taste buds develop over time. I wouldn't go near a salad bar as a kid and now I think it makes a yummy and filling meal on its own.
    GoIndi Rain

Comment

in order of preference, what veggies would you choose for your kid , irrespective of whether they like it or not?
      The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken Biryani View Post
        in terms of veggies for kids, what would you guys say is the healthiest vegetable for kids?
        Cb, I give my son all sorts of vegetables. He likes many of them, however there are some he doesn't like egg plant. These days I am trying for him to like green string beans and asparagus. He seems to be liking them.

Also try the multi grain pan cake mix.

If your son likes soup, you can make chicken corn soup. If he likes rice or pasta, you can add scramble egg to them.
        May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
        Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
        Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

-My girls dad makes scrambled eggs and adds honey to it. She is a diva and has her dad put the egg on her fork for her to eat
          - She loves oranges and fruits so I ave no issues there
          - I also do roti in ghee and sugar to get something down her as she hasn't been eating well for a few weeks

Fish baked with salt and pepper.. I have learnt that if I let her eat herself she eats more
          yeah but no but yeah but...

Comment

After loads of experimentation, i finally found a way , some tips in this thread helped too.

I am now mixing one portion of vegetable , one portion of meat and two portions of rice and I make sort of pulao for the baby. He loves it and has a balanced diet MA
            The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

Cb, what veggies do you add to the pulao?

I want mine to get used to veggies too. Moreso coz.i never liked veggies.as a.kid nor do.still. And.i.certainly.dont.want.that happen.to her. But over time i.have seen.how hard it.is.to get her to.eat. Darn she even doesnt.take milk.unless.asleep. So.this.is such a battle. Hardly few spoonfulls of rice or a few bites of roti. She does like banana though. The only.fruit we have luck with.
              Let the Sea be my mother, and the Moon my father;
              I will swim with the mermaids forever thereafter....

Comment

French toasts
                Pancakes
                Half boiled egg mashed with cream cheese given as a dip with finger food (my sons lived it)
                "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

My son just swallows anything I give him as 'food' all candies peanuts or anything else he has as snacks is chewed well..what to do
                  ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

What to do when kids stubbornly refuses to eat anything in the morning?

Comment

[MENTION=55762]mirage[/MENTION] sorry sweets i just saw your message. While making pulao or khichri what ever you call it, I try to add as much healthy stuff I can as possible, so that there is little rice and more of veggies or daal to keep it healthy. Here's an example: fry onions and give them a splash of water and cover so that they leave their color ( just like we do in pulao ) then add in peas , a chunk of cauliflower or what ever veggie I have. Cook it, add salt, zeera seeds, then add in rice and daal and let it cook ..

Sometimes, I make omelette and add it to the khichri. Othertimes, I fry mince meat and then add in soaked rice and red daal and let it all cook together.

In veggies, I use , shredded carrot, peas, courgettes, potatoes.etc

[MENTION=16884]Nancy Drew[/MENTION] , how old is your son Nancy? mine is just 18 months and he does the same when he is actively teething. Other times I keep reminding him to chew and he makes an effort sometimes , other times he doesnt, as long as you are telling him constantly , its fine, he will learn his way through ..
                      [MENTION=40834]Mostar95[/MENTION] , Hi Mostar, how old is the kid? I feel there is a reason why kids refuse to eat in the morning. When mine has had milk through the night, he refuses breakfast. I try to keep him hungry for a few hours and then give him food , so that he knows that he has to eat a meal and not just tiny bits. Sometimes when he doesnt like a particular breakfast he doesnt eat it, even though he's hungry. So then I go make him something different. One some days when he is not eating food properly I dont push , I just keep offering him his breakfast every half an hour. until noon !

Comment

A guy who was having some stomach problems went to doctor.
                        Together with medicine doctor told him to watch what he eats and eat what a baby eats for a few days.
                        He came back next day with even in a worse shape.
                        Doctor did a detailed checkup with a puzzled look on his face asked him what have you been eating?
                        He said as you suggested whatever a baby eats " buttons , small rocks, hair off the carpet , a couple of bugs and a cockroach."
                        Fools never disagree.

Comment

Working...
                        X