tea party...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tea party...

One of my friends is hosting a tea party for six couples, she asked me for suggestions but I couldn't think of anything besides fried food. She doesn't want to make sandwiches, so are there any other options for a well balanced tea party menu?
    "I am as My servant thinks I am."

Truly believe that God is merciful and generous and He will be so.

Re: tea party...

Cholay and dahi baray

Comment

Spinitokas, mini Keish, baked cocktail samosas, cookies/ muffins, chaat, dahi Bary, fresh fruit, triffle, chicken skrewers, fruit screwers, nimko, dry fruits. She can get most of the stuff at stores and bake them at home.
      May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
      Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
      Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

Think brunch type items. Fruit platter, pastries, chicken bread, quiche. Snack food.

Also, this might help her get some ideas:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdls_-CxmXg

Comment

The tea is my favourite to arrange, She can have sliders, Roast/bihari kabab/Tikka boti, Lasagna, Samosas/spring rolls, Cutlets, chana chaat/dahi barey, Haleem, Some patties/croissants, Cake/muffins/cupcake, cookies/biscuits, some enlgish style desert or even some halwa of our Asian tradition

Comment

I love teas/brunches!

Cocktail samosas
            Mini spinach quiche
            Sandwiches are a must! Why won't she have them?
            Spanikopita
            Open faced sandwiches are cute too
            Cheese and olive tray

She has so many options...lol
            Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Reha View Post
              I love teas/brunches!

Cocktail samosas
              Mini spinach quiche
              Sandwiches are a must! Why won't she have them?
              Spanikopita
              Open faced sandwiches are cute too
              Cheese and olive tray

She has so many options...lol
              Reha, mujhe bhii kuchh laRkii waale dekhne aa rahe haiN is liye mere liye bhii aisaa hii koii mazedaar/chaTpaTaa menu bataaiye, plz!
              Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
              16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by AFayiz View Post
                The tea is my favourite to arrange, She can have sliders, Roast/bihari kabab/Tikka boti, Lasagna, Samosas/spring rolls, Cutlets, chana chaat/dahi barey, Haleem, Some patties/croissants, Cake/muffins/cupcake, cookies/biscuits, some enlgish style desert or even some halwa of our Asian tradition
                Samosas, spring rolls, cutlets, chaat, dahi baray, patties, croissants, cake, muffins, cookies and halwa are all light items that are perfect for teatime. Even at teatime in Pakistan, I have seen simple items like finger sandwiches, cake/cookies, and stuffed pastries served.

Lasagna and roast meats are heavier items that are more appropriate for a lunch or dinner or even brunch where the menu is supposed to be filling. A strictly tea menu is light and consists of dishes requiring little prep time. Anything that is to be eaten with roti such as haleem or other salans and rice dishes (barring things like zarda,rice pudding, rice cakes, stuffed grape leaves) are better suited for lunch or dinner.
                Last edited by Tempe5t; Sep 4, 2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
                    Reha, mujhe bhii kuchh laRkii waale dekhne aa rahe haiN is liye mere liye bhii aisaa hii koii mazedaar/chaTpaTaa menu bataaiye, plz!
                    Agar larkii walay arahe hein to phir aisi menu se kaam nahin chalega.

Unki to biryani aur qormay se khatir karni hogi.

LOL

Comment

Now I am thinking of having a tea party...lol

Comment

Yeh chai party hay ya death sentence say Pehlay wala last meal...
                        Your friendly neighbourhood fraudiya loafer luccha lufanga awara ayaash aubaash ghunda badmaash man

Comment

Originally posted by Tempe5t View Post
                          Samosas, spring rolls, cutlets, chaat, dahi baray, patties, croissants, cake, muffins, cookies and halwa are all light items that are perfect for teatime. Even at teatime in Pakistan, I have seen simple items like finger sandwiches, cake/cookies, and stuffed pastries served.

Lasagna and roast meats are heavier items that are more appropriate for a lunch or dinner or even brunch where the menu is supposed to be filling. A strictly tea menu is light and consists of dishes requiring little prep time. Anything that is to be eaten with roti such as haleem or other salans and rice dishes (barring things like zarda,rice pudding, rice cakes, stuffed grape leaves) are better suited for lunch or dinner.
                          I disagree about Haleem and Lasagna, both are very much well suited for tea party, as basically when someone is arranging tea party thats also a kind of filling as people usually come skipping lunch or would later skip dinner. Even in strict tea parties one may excludes Lasanga but still Haleem is very much well fitted. Haleem does not always been eaten with naan or may be in your family it is, but we are more to eat it just with spoon. In our family if its a tea party Haleem is a much anticipated and appreciated dish so it may vary from family to family but you cant spell out something as a rule that this can or cant be the part. In the end its your situation that depicts all. SOmetimes even depends on culture and suitability.
                          A bangladeshi friend here did a one dish and u know what were timing from 4-8 that was neither lunch nor dinner but she made biryani, pizza, roast and people brought such kind of stuff which is used in dinner/lunch so it depends. I would rather go very much with haleem and even with lasanga/pizza even in tea party

Comment

Agar larkii walay arahe hein to phir aisi menu se kaam nahin chalega.

Unki to biryani aur qormay se khatir karni hogi.

LOL
                            chalegaa magar mushkil to yeh hai k Khayaali laRkii waale aa rahe haiN to unko mere Khayaal se Khayaali pulaao khilaanaa chaahiye!

Now I am thinking of having a tea party...lol
                            kiuN jii? kia aap bhii laRke waale bulaanaa chaahtii haiN?
                            Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
                            16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

AFayiz

If people are coming to your home skipping lunch and you create a menu that is going to substitute the lunch that they missed or if they're looking forward to raat ki roti...then why call it a tea party or a chai? Instead you should call it lunch or dinner or "chai k baad khaana" then. When people say "khaana khaa k jaaiye'ga," that khaana is separate from the tea party; it's an addition that is served AFTER the samosay and chaat and croissants and falls under the dinner bracket then. Mehmaan ko bhi pata hota hai k the haleem and biryani I'm eating is not my chai-time snack but instead is my raat ka khaana. Sure, every family has their own way of doing things. Family traditions don't always adhere to general definitions of a concept. For example, in a family cereal may be weekly dinner tradition, but in the general sense a bowl of cereal is typically not thought of as "dinner." Your guests are lucky that you go the extra mile to serve them a filling meal; you seem like a very caring host and more power to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X