Hospital Packing List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hospital Packing List

I am 31 weeks along and expect to have a scheduled C-section at perhaps week 37-38. Please suggest the MOST important must have items in hospital bag for both myself and the baby Inshallah. I am delivering at a US hospital in the east coast. I feel like my mind is running a blank right now...hehe although I have 2 kids already

If another thread with this info exists please add the link. I only found one and it seemed to be specific to CAD hospitals. Thanks.

Also I am totally forgetting, after what days do they take the IV lead off so you can wear a normal shirt....otherwise thinking just to bring a chaddar/shawl and some easy pajamas to keep warm.

Hospital Packing List

I assume you are going to stay in the hospital for a day or two after the ceasarean.
    You can pack for yourself: towel, pyjama, socks, some clothes, toilet stuff
    For the baby: clothes, jacket, hat, maybe zamzam water, seat for in the car
    "When in Rome, do as the Romans do "

Comment

Re: Hospital Packing List

i don't think theres much of a difference between the canadian hospitals and the american hospitals so you can very well go with the info on the other thread you found.

For yourself:
      • Clothing you will need
        • Several pairs of panties
        • Nursing bras and breast pads
        • Light dressing gown, nighties/pyjamas, non-slip slippers

• Sanitary pads and toiletries, including unscented soap and shampoo
      • Additional items
        • Pillows
        • Watch or small clock
        • Pens/pencils for taking notes, completing forms, etc

For the Baby:
      • Receiving blanket and clothes, including sleepers, onesies and an appropriate outfit to go home
      • Diapers, Vaseline, wipes
      • Car seat (please note that it is a legal requirement that all newborns leave the hospital in a sanctioned car seat)

Comment

don't bother with real clothes in the hospital. it makes it difficult when docs come to check on you, esp after a csection.

-your own toiletries (and for hubby too if he's going to stay with you)
        -slippers
        -shawl/nursing cover
        -maybe a cardigan in case you feel cold
        -phone and charger
        -book/kindle/ipad/etc for entertainment purposes and chargers
        -going home outfit for you (loose-fitting)
        -going home outfit and blanket for baby

everything else was provided by my hospital

Comment

Agree with SO2

Hospital gown is all u need while admitted. You will be provided maxi pads and disposable mesh undies while there and at discharge.
          Ask for breast pump if are having difficulty lactating ... common after csection.

Shawl for extra warmth
          Toothpaste n brush, shampoo
          Discharge Clothing for u n baby ... take easy to wear stuff. Post c-sec you will be sore stiff ... I came home in nightgown n loose plazzo pants.

Best of luck!

mera ishq hai meri zindagi, mera ishq hai meri bandagi
          mujhe aashiqon mein shumarr kar, muje aashiqi ka silaa na dey

Comment

socks...the post anesthesia will give u shivers..take three four pairs of very comfy socks!
            I'm sarcastic because it is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Comment

I don't know about c sections but I delivered normally and wore regular clothes in hospital after the birth. Just whatever feels comfortable to you.

Comment

Hospital Packing List

Exactly what S02 & Ehl have stated...I've had both..vaginal & c section and both times I packed just as these two recommended..nothing more nothing less

Comment

Originally posted by Demesne View Post
                  socks...the post anesthesia will give u shivers..take three four pairs of very comfy socks!
                  the hospitals here provide special socks to aid in circulation post surgery. also thick socks to be used instead of slippers.

Comment

i suggest you have a few dresses, in case of heavy flow clothes tend to get stained

Comment

Originally posted by S02 View Post
                      the hospitals here provide special socks to aid in circulation post surgery. also thick socks to be used instead of slippers.
                      see we don't have those in pakistan. good hospital!!

Comment

^pakistan may tissue paper bhi milta hai tau patient kay bill may daal daitay hain
                        "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

^^True that....
                          I have seen 'tissue ke dabbay=2' written in hospital bills....lol.
                          It's better to light a candle ,than to curse the darkness.

Comment

hehehe... ^

Comment

thanks for the info guys. I am taking a hospital tour tomorrow so I will be more clear what is given/not given and whether we get a private suite or not. Depending on that hubby can stay or not stay. I know last time all the pads/disposable panties etc were given. I can't for the life of me remember what day my main IV was taken off and what day I was finally given solid food. I was there for 4 days with my last C-section. I want to take the basics and some more for my ease. I am now thinking to bring my own pillow( as hospital ones suck).....then again i'll be so drugged up on morphine not sure I will even notice.

Comment

Working...
                              X