Coffee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee.

Recently I've taken an interest in coffee (not cheating on tea, just, um, exploring options). So: how do you take your coffee? does anyone roast their own beans? are there any non-standard ingredients that you could suggest adding?

Re: Coffee.

Add caramel sauce or some chocolate

Comment

maiN chai se be_vafaaii kaa soch bhii nahiiN saktaa!

my bro takes Nestle whipped cream on top!
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

I've had roasted coffee with a pinch of nutmeg. Tastes great
        There is no one like me. There's only me.

Comment

^ The smell of nutmeg ordinarily is not very appealing to me but I'll defo try it, its intensity seems like it would work well with the richness of the coffee beans. Thank you.

KKF, do you make doodh patti? Try a coffee version and I think you'll enjoy it - don't worry about chai bewafi, you're allowed four hot beverages.

muslimah118, mmmhh chocolate, I'm so stupid for not thinking of that! Thank you.

Comment

I am very simplistic when it comes to coffee and even tea. No spices, nutmeg, caramel, cinnamon, syrup, cardamom, ginger or other stuff for me.

Coffee is black with sugar
            Tea with just sugar and cream
            People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

^ I'm usually the same, only no sugar, and milk instead of cream in the tea.
              I have inherited a coffee roaster (and a pizza oven, but that's a thread for another day) and thought I'd play around a little with the thing.

Comment

Coffee roaster sounds cool. I wonder if it's easy to get hold of fresh unroasted coffee beans. Also wondering if the roaster can be used to roast chanay or maka'ee ke daanay
                People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

It hasn't been difficult to get a hold of the unroasted beans. So far have been ordering them online, but apparently there is a place in the city which does them too.
                  The roaster is pretty cool - its not something I would have considered paying for, but I can't deny the difference in taste.
                  I haven't tried the daanay, pretty sure it'll work, it's just hot air. I'll try. If you never hear from me again I was killed by popcorn.

Comment

we add egg to our coffee sometimes.

Comment

^ how and why do you add egg? never heard of that...

Comment

I've gotten into it too but very simple and narrow--black, iced, occasionally a splenda and skim milk. boring but everything else is loaded with calories and sugar. (I wanna be able to eat my calories and sugar..not drink it)
                        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

My coffee is always made with special arrangement. I whisk the coffee to get the froth and then pour milk cum water mixture in it. Sprinkle it with cocoa powder or instant coffe flavours available like white chocolate mocha and chocolate mocha. Also I have capsule machine of coffee so also get maximum benefit from that. Sometimes do add cream but not very much. Also I am shortly going to try the hazelnut coffee. Would share how well it went

Comment

Originally posted by nabz View Post
                            ^ how and why do you add egg? never heard of that...
                            why we add: because we like the flavor. its passed on from the older generation of our family to us.

how we add it: just whisk the egg yolks, and add it to the coffee mixture. let it boil for 3,4 min and thats it.

Comment

^That's interesting. Does the yolk blend smoothly, no snotty strands?

Sara, calories? lalalalala*I can't hear you*lalalala.
                              You could try adding a pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin spice if you wanted to try a different taste. So far though I haven't seen anything that can replace a simple black coffee in terms of taste,efficiency, durability. The other concoctions might be fun for a one off here or there but they're not a daily drink. So I would say you're not missing anything.

AFayiz, did you like the hazelnut coffee?

Comment

Working...
                              X