Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Of Boy With Autism Receives Shockingly Offensive Letter

Read this online ...shocking!!

The anonymous note was sent to 13-year-old Max's grandmother's house in Newcastle, Ontario, on Friday. Signed, "One pissed off mother," the letter refers to Max as a neighborhood "nuisance," "retarded" and a "dreadful" noise polluter. A photo of the letter was tweeted over the weekend by YouTube stars Lennon and Maisy, who identify themselves as family friends.

"Personally, they should take whatever non retarded [sic] body parts he possesses and donate it to science. What the hell else good is he to anyone!!!" the letter reads. "Do the right thing and move or euthanize him!! Either way we are ALL better off!!!"
    In an interview with Toronto-based station CityNews, Max's mother, Karla Begley, could not keep from crying as she read the section of the letter that suggests she euthanize her son.

"The more you go on, the worse it gets," Begley told CityNews. "Who says that about a child?"

Worried for their safety, the family told CityNews that the police have been contacted, and they would like to press charges if possible. In the meantime, however, the neighborhood has rallied around Max, making a special effort to make him feel welcome in the community, CityNews reported.

On Monday, Yahoo Canada News reported that police are investigating the letter. Spokeswoman Jodi MacLean told the news outlet that law enforcement is taking the threat "seriously."

The original Twitter posting about the note had been retweeted over 3,600 times as of Monday afternoon, with people calling the letter "a shame," "evil" and "hateful."

The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

Re: Family Of Boy With Autism Receives Shockingly Offensive Letter

OMG! That is horrible I feel sick to my stomach. What a horrible person. Cannot believe she is a mother herself.
    What you see is what you get. And what you get comes with a tiara ^_^

Comment

This is sad. Faith in humanity lost.

Comment

how sick is that. I really hope they trace her and euthanize her and send to anatomy department of a medical school for repeated dissection because she's such a bad name to "normal" people.
        "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

pcg
          Insulting and inflammatory signatures are not allowed, but posts are

Comment

i know. how horrible and incredibly sad for the mother who received the letter!

Comment

Family Of Boy With Autism Receives Shockingly Offensive Letter

This is truly disgusting.

Comment

She is the freaking retard!
                Aada Ganja...Poora Khabis...
                Nawaz Sharif...Shahbaz Sharif :D

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSb View Post
                  pcg
                  ??

Comment

That's really disgusting
                    So dear I love him that with him, All deaths I could endure. Without him, live no life.
                    William Shakespeare

Comment

Is there a diagnosis for 'Normal'....I think there is such a thing called the Normal syndrome and it's worse than any type of Autism or mental retardation!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyDarling View Post
                        OMG! That is horrible I feel sick to my stomach. What a horrible person. Cannot believe she is a mother herself.
                        These were my exact thoughts
                        The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

Comment

I hope they find out who wrote this.

Comment

I know someone who commented saying they felt sorry for the letter-writer........ amazing....

what a horrible POS this person
                            The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

How did a woman like this become a mother? She shouldn't have been allowed to reproduce - now we know she's also raising some impressionable children in a hateful environment.

Such a waste of perfectly good breathing space.
                              Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                              X