Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depression

Am going through a rough ride of anexiety and depression. Not a single thought is related to my pregnancy but I fear that itís the pregnancy hormones playing the game with meÖ

Its just some really old memories kicking in me and making me really sad these days.

What can I do to feel better?

Re: Depression

Just to give some example. I was in my home town and went totally nostalgic. Went to so many places and could feel how much I miss being there but also how good it was to move away from there due to all the bad memories and experiences I had with certain people in my life at that stage.
    I keep thinking of those people. Where they might be in life now, what would have happened if things didn’t went astray etc etc…
    I feel I am being so ungrateful. I am expecting my second child and have the most beautiful and intelligent child and my husband is so loving and caring….what is wrong with me

Comment

It could be hormonal.

You do have power over your mind. Instead of nostalgic thoughts, why not watch a funny movie, make a photo album of your kids, start a scrap booking or home project. Whatever makes your thoughts go in a positive direction.

Namaz has always helped me from dark dreary thoughts.
      A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

Is this feeling recurring? I hope its not. It could very well be hormones, you know it better. I think you were just nostalgic and it happens with everyone. Glad to know how happy you feel about your husband and kids ma sha Allah.
        Let the Sea be my mother, and the Moon my father;
        I will swim with the mermaids forever thereafter....

Comment

Originally posted by njgal View Post

Namaz has always helped me from dark dreary thoughts.

True that.
          Let the Sea be my mother, and the Moon my father;
          I will swim with the mermaids forever thereafter....

Comment

see a psychiatrist who might give you some medication to prevent anxiety and depression lapses.
            Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
            16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
              see a psychiatrist who might give you some medication to prevent anxiety and depression lapses.
              ^ she is pregnant. i dont think she wants to take medication at this time.

Comment

Depression

Reciting Astaghfar has always helped me whenever I'm sad,depress, or anything.
                Bura Jo Dekhan Main Chala,Bura Naa Milya Ko'ee
                Jo Maan Khoja Apnaa,Tou Mujhse Bura Naa Ko'ee

Comment

I have read a lot of your posts here and it really seems to me that you have dealt with some extremely difficult times in the past that have left mark on your heart and mind and you can't seem to shake off those depressing thoughts. I really really recommend you to see your doctor about this issue. You should seek talk therapy and even medication if you feel comfortable taking durin your pregnancy. Some women absolutely have to take medication even during pregnancy because their depression really gets worse with all the hormonal changes and can create a dangerous situation(yes! If you get very depressed you may feel extremely angry and not be rational). please get help!!

Comment

Working...
                  X