Worried about predicted baby weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried about predicted baby weight

Aaah... Doc said baby is small in size and quite stuck on my right side means baby has not much room to move freely... I am tensed... I have read somewhere on the net that in last weeks your baby has less space to move around. Fetus is approx weighing 2370 gms(5lbs 3 ounces) at 35+ weeks... FL 6.7 and BPD is 8.7. Though everything else is normal, AlhamduLillah.
    Anyone had this issue?

re: Worried about predicted baby weight

that weight is pretty normal for 35 weeks.

Comment

S02, I have checked the normal fetus weight chart online which is approx 2383 gms (5.25 pounds) apprx 6lb
      Last edited by Rems; Aug 18, 2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Don't worry, babies born with low birth weights even 4-5 pounds and preemies with even lesser weight do just fine. A few grams here and there really doesn't make a difference as long as every thing else is ok.

Comment

Besides u/s measurements are not always precise either.

Comment

Originally posted by Rems:9705998
            S02, I have checked the normal fetus weight chart online which is approx 2383 gms (5.25 pounds) apprx 6lb
            It's approx right. Your baby is good size. Do you want a big baby?

Comment

Anyone has any idea about the value/range of BPD and FL of the fetus when you were pregnant? And yes, when we talk about baby size, we are talking about baby weight or bigger/taller baby?

Comment

bigger taller automatically will weigh more. and U/S not always accurate. That said, my baby was very near the ultrasound measurements of month nine
                I'm sarcastic because it is the body's natural defense against stupid.

Comment

Baby weight

What was your baby/babbies weight at birth? Was it different from the U/S?

Comment

Baby weight

You already have another thread going on this exact subject, and many have already advised you that your baby is mashallah at normal range for development. Why so pareshan?

To answer your question, my first born was born at 7lbs 7 oz, and the U/S was predicting 8lbs...

My twins were born almost 2 months premature, I was being monitored weekly, so we knew they would have low birthweight..they both came in around 3lbs 11 oz

Comment

Re: Baby weight

Khattichick, I was just curious k baqi sab k babbies ka weight kia tha

Comment

Mine too! But you dont need to worry i think the weight is good enough!

Comment

Umm i dont know - i never really read up on any of this pregnancy stuff (i am pregnant right now)..i feel like it just gets you worried and sleepless..
                          i know mothers that counted the amount of times a baby moves in an hour... but my dr. never has asked me to , nor do i plan on. Allah Malik Hai..everything will be fine inshallah
                          these little things happen, up & down will happen. things will come up , things may not be how you want them (i might b having a csection - which i dont really like but i dont really have a choice at this point in time) .. its unnecessary to stress when you are pregnant - you are already going through sooo much...... and if it helps - my dr said my baby is higher than normal as well and hes always under my ribs... as long as you have a healthy baby , at the end of the day... it doesn't matter what the "Avg fetal length and weight" is... coz all that matters is your baby and that he comes safely into this world...

Comment

Yes, you are right. After reading this stuff you only make yourself worried and get tensed. But you know what... this is my first time and I cant help thinking all the time about the baby and pregnancy... Khair Allah khair karain aap k liye bhi aur mere liye bhi and may Allah bless us all with healthy babies, Aameen

Comment

It's my first baby too!! Congrats!

and Ameen ... inshallah all will go well.

Originally posted by Rems View Post
                              Yes, you are right. After reading this stuff you only make yourself worried and get tensed. But you know what... this is my first time and I cant help thinking all the time about the baby and pregnancy... Khair Allah khair karain aap k liye bhi aur mere liye bhi and may Allah bless us all with healthy babies, Aameen

Comment

Working...
                              X