Omg I m in a panic mode.. Wt to do????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg I m in a panic mode.. Wt to do????

Ok so.. We will be leaving for pak inshallah after 15 days (plus minus 2)....
    really ?? I cant believe.... After waiting for almost 2 and half years ... Finally I will meet my parents n family ....
    i mm sooooo v very exited that I m panicking.... And nervous m all...
    we were thinking of going in November because of weather ...but due to some personal reasons we have to go now...
    Soo all the guppies I NEED UR HELP....
    I have a 14 mo th old baby mashallah...n it will be his first plane trip... I m really rnervus.. About the flight ...
    i have a lot of questions...
    Ok
    should I take diapers and wipes with me., like 3 month supply? Or buy for there?
    wt about food? He eats tab,e food ... But should I take baby food for plane? I breastfeed ...will it be possible to breastfeed in plane?... Cani take milk with me in plane? Water?
    Omg...,plz tell me what are the important things I need to take with me regarding baby?
    , I need a diaper bag... Wt kind should I take? Backpack? Or regular bag?
    ehat about stroller .. Should I take o e with me?
    ok for now ..I think this is enough.. As its. Late at night n I should sleep...
    plz pEople.. Help me with whatever u can.. Any suggestions tips are welcome...

I m sorry for this kind of thread I m excIted and teNsed ... N have no one to share or ask

Re: Omg I m in a panic mode.. Wt to do????

Shouldn't this thread be in Parenting?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketSocket View Post
      Shouldn't this thread be in Parenting?
      it doesn't matter much where this thread belongs, she was pretty nervous while posting. the wise ladies of GS will find it anyway and come to her assistance.
      We're nothing alike, me and the enemy. Yes, we both deal in death. But they sell theirs. I give it away.

Comment

Sorry dude. That was kind of rude of me.
        Originally posted by chanduchamaar View Post
        it doesn't matter much where this thread belongs, she was pretty nervous while posting. the wise ladies of GS will find it anyway and come to her assistance.
        Sorry If i was rude OP.
        I don't know where the guppies are when you need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Frappuccino View Post
          Ok so.. We will be leaving for pak inshallah after 15 days (plus minus 2)....

really ?? I cant believe.... After waiting for almost 2 and half years ... Finally I will meet my parents n family ....
          i mm sooooo v very exited that I m panicking.... And nervous m all...
          we were thinking of going in November because of weather ...but due to some personal reasons we have to go now...
          Soo all the guppies I NEED UR HELP....
          I have a 14 mo th old baby mashallah...n it will be his first plane trip... I m really rnervus.. About the flight ...
          i have a lot of questions...
          Ok
          should I take diapers and wipes with me., like 3 month supply? Or buy for there?
          wt about food? He eats tab,e food ... But should I take baby food for plane? I breastfeed ...will it be possible to breastfeed in plane?... Cani take milk with me in plane? Water?
          Omg...,plz tell me what are the important things I need to take with me regarding baby?
          , I need a diaper bag... Wt kind should I take? Backpack? Or regular bag?
          ehat about stroller .. Should I take o e with me?
          ok for now ..I think this is enough.. As its. Late at night n I should sleep...
          plz pEople.. Help me with whatever u can.. Any suggestions tips are welcome...

I m sorry for this kind of thread I m excIted and teNsed ... N have no one to share or ask
          First of ll congrats on ur trip.
          Don't take diapers and wipes. Buy from here. Variety is limited to pampers and pampers sensitive and canbebe. Rest are all local brands. So if you are not specific on brand then you ll easily find wipes and diapers given you are going to a city and not a gaon (village).

If ur baby will eat baby food then take it for plane but some airlines do give it to u complimentary but it may not be to his liking or not sufficient. So take variety and quantity of ur choice. Also if he eats table food he may not like baby food at all as it is bland mostly. Prepare food for him urself and take it. I think they can refrigerate it for u in the plane.
          U can easily breast feed baby in the plane. I had no issues with feeding my 2.5 month old baby on the plane and at airport. Yes u can take milk and they ll ask u to sample test it so no issues there. As for water just buy it from Inside and yah let em know u have water if u transit at airports. Shud b okay.
          Take his meds, thermometer, Vaseline, etc
          I don't know which city u r going to but u cam take stroller if u want to. I m in isb and I use mine frequently. I don't know bout baby bags. Take one with lots of compartments I guess.

Comment

Hello there,
            Don't Panic everything will be fine. Believe me , It seems so much everything will turn out great Inshallah .

So let me tell you I went to Pakistan after 4 & half years first time after I came here. I have 2 kids and at that time one was 2.5 and other was not even 6 months. So lets talk about plane first. Try to get the front seat, that way you will get the bassinet. It will help you a lot. Your hands will be free. I don't know from where you are going but for me it was 23 hrs flight with a 1 hour stop over. Actually I like the stopover as that help us to walk and be free for sometime.
            Pack a diaper bag. Have at least 5-7 diapers in it. A full box of wipes. You can use wipes in anything . Even for yourself. Have some toys for your kid. Like new toys and show it now . Show it in the plane so it will keep kid busy for some time. Have different healthy snacks so you can give time to time. Breastfeed your baby when taking off and landing. It will help them in not clogging their ears. Have a big blanket of baby , aur dupatta with you so you don't worry about exposing. Drink a lot of water and juice to keep your self hydrated so when you breastfeed you are not weak. About milk I am not sure because I only breastfeed but i guess you can take formula with you and get the water from plane. I am guessing only.
            Hope fully this will help you in plane.
            For Pakistan , I brought all the diapers , wipes from here. Take the mosquito repellent from here. I like the spray one. It helped us a lot. Stroller I don't know , we brought it but never used. We were in Karachi but you can get the baby carrier...The one you can wear the baby in front or at the back . I use it everyday even when I was sitting on a scooter with my hubby , It was a fun ride. We did eat outside but not much so we were fine . And yeah we took the water bottle that has filter in it like Brittia . So we used the nestle bottle and use to fill those water to drink . So it was easier.

I hope I have answered your questions . Have a great flight and enjoy your time.

Comment

Don't forget to take 3-4 changing clothes for your kid and take one for yourself. I know someone who luckily had some outfits and her daughter kept throwing up (15 months).
              * DiScO DeEwAaNE * __________________________________________________ ________<Aankh mare O larki Aankh mare>

Comment

this thread has pretty much everything that you need to know..

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/parenting...an-infant.html

in fact there are a few more too.. you can search the forum!

Comment

I'm in the same situation. Leaving for Pakistan with my 3 year old and baby who will be 7 months old then.
                  I'm so nervous! I need tips on keeping my 3 year old entertained ... she has a habit of screaming her head off if she doesn't get what she wants And my 7 month old baby who's obsessed with me! I'm probably not gonna be drinking anything on the flight so I won't have to go to the bathroom hah.

I'm only planning on taking a pack of diapers with me and buying the rest there. I only trust pampers, is it easily available in Lahore?
                  What you see is what you get. And what you get comes with a tiara ^_^

Comment

The thread link Gemini the Great posted about was really helpful for me when I went with my 6 month old.
                    So was this one when I traveled with a less than 2 yo,

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/parenting...ete-idiot.html

Wendy...Pampers are available very easily in Lahore,almost everywhere.But they are locally made.They are not bad at all.If you need imported stuff,check the bigger departmental stores like Al Fatah etc.They wont have the made in US ones,but probably the ones made in Dubai/UAE.
                    In a nut shell,getting good diapers there is not an issue.So just carry a few with you.
                    It's better to light a candle ,than to curse the darkness.

Comment

Pampers and pampers premium care both are easily available in every bug city of pakistan..
                      For OP u can get a stroller from here.from Olx or from Some relative etc if u don't want to buy new.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyDarling View Post
                        I'm in the same situation. Leaving for Pakistan with my 3 year old and baby who will be 7 months old then.
                        I'm so nervous! I need tips on keeping my 3 year old entertained ... she has a habit of screaming her head off if she doesn't get what she wants And my 7 month old baby who's obsessed with me! I'm probably not gonna be drinking anything on the flight so I won't have to go to the bathroom hah.

I'm only planning on taking a pack of diapers with me and buying the rest there. I only trust pampers, is it easily available in Lahore?
                        Buy some dollar store toys for the kids including the baby and be sure to include enough for the ride back home as well and give them one every hour. Be sure that the toys are new and they haven't seen them before. Keep snacks too.

Comment

Thanks!
                          Has anyone traveled with Qatar Airways from the US?
                          What you see is what you get. And what you get comes with a tiara ^_^

Comment

Bassinets have a weight limit of 12lbs, I believe, which will be useless for a 14 month old. But bulk head seats are usually better because there is lots of leg room.
                            Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
                            - Nehru

Comment

Originally posted by Chaachi View Post
                              First of ll congrats on ur trip.
                              Don't take diapers and wipes. Buy from here. Variety is limited to pampers and pampers sensitive and canbebe. Rest are all local brands. So if you are not specific on brand then you ll easily find wipes and diapers given you are going to a city and not a gaon (village).

If ur baby will eat baby food then take it for plane but some airlines do give it to u complimentary but it may not be to his liking or not sufficient. So take variety and quantity of ur choice. Also if he eats table food he may not like baby food at all as it is bland mostly. Prepare food for him urself and take it. I think they can refrigerate it for u in the plane.
                              U can easily breast feed baby in the plane. I had no issues with feeding my 2.5 month old baby on the plane and at airport. Yes u can take milk and they ll ask u to sample test it so no issues there. As for water just buy it from Inside and yah let em know u have water if u transit at airports. Shud b okay.
                              Take his meds, thermometer, Vaseline, etc
                              I don't know which city u r going to but u cam take stroller if u want to. I m in isb and I use mine frequently. I don't know bout baby bags. Take one with lots of compartments I guess.

I will be staying In khi.... I wated to take diapers because I just did not wanted my baby t get rash in hot weather....I m really confused abt quality... I ve heard of diaper leak cases and rash... I don't that to happen to my. Baby in hot weather... I will b staying at Karachi.. But I m still confused as to take diapers or not
                              M I think I'll prepare my own baby food ....And will take pooches for purée an yogurt inshallah

Comment

Working...
                              X