Ultrasound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultrasound

So I asked about the baby gender during U/S and the doc said that layers of blood vessels hiding the baby gender.... didnt make any sense to me

Lol.. at what week?

Comment

Re: Ultrasound

Comment

It is harder to see the gender when you are that far along into your pregnancy. At least that is what the ultrasound tech told me. That is why they normally do the gender ultrasound at around 20 weeks because it is easier to see "that area." At 36 weeks the baby is much bigger and the amount of space it has to move about is smaller. He/she is totally squished up in there and because the baby is not sprawled out like he/she would have been a few months back....it is harder to detect the gender.

Comment

I have asked this question so many times but they are always like 'babys not cooperating... Not showing... Not in that position... Its your first baby why are you so desperate to find out the gender...'

Comment

Originally posted by Rems View Post
            I have asked this question so many times but they are always like 'babys not cooperating... Not showing... Not in that position... Its your first baby why are you so desperate to find out the gender...'
            Are you in Pakistan? I have heard not all places tell the gender in Pakistan. If you want to find out go to an Ultrasound clinic that doesn't have a policy of not telling the gender. Ask before hand. Ultrasounds are private anyways in Pakistan so that should not be an issue.

Comment

Can the doctor predict wrongly? Are the predictions always 100% right
              ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

At 36 weeks, it is in fact hard to tell the gender for reasons specified already.

I'm surprised that an US technician would say "why are you so desperate to find out the gender", that seems either something imagined by you or very unprofessional if true.

The gender identification is never 100% guaranteed.

All this info comes from an OB/GYN, so don't shoot the messenger.

Comment

Working...
                X