How to prevent chicken from drying in the oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to prevent chicken from drying in the oven

I love making tandoori chicken on wooden skewers with tomatoes, capsicums but my chicken always comes out dry and not moist like I have had in restaurants. I cover the dish with foil and often brush some oil on the chicken as well, and usually bake it at 200. Any suggestions.. thanks.

Re: How to prevent chicken from drying in the oven

I use dark meat and marinate with lemon, masalas, and a tbspn or two of yogurt. I also bake at 350 degrees for 10 mins on each side
    It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life..

Comment

use owen at 500 degrees for half an hour and then lower the heat to 350...also, use a little yogurt that keeps it moist.
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

I bake at 375 F .. For 20 mons only...

Soak ur chicken in salt water for 3-4 hrs...It will come out moist..

Comment

^ This, doing a brine for the chicken along with garlic cloves and peppercorn will be the best moist chicken ever
          She is madness sanity, She is hell and paradise

Comment

Don't use white meat, follow previous posters suggestions and you will have an awesome chicken.

Comment

I read the title as

How to prevent chicken from dying in the oven.
              People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by TLK:9698906
                I read the title as

How to prevent chicken from dying in the oven.
                Same here

Comment

when you bake your chicken, place an oven-proof container with 2 cups of water on the oven shelf next to the dish of chicken.

this keeps the heat in the oven moist and prevents drying.

Comment

i grill alot of chicken breast cubes on skewers in different ways...tandoori...shish tawook etc

to keep it moist, the marinade is also important...yogurt and vinegar act as tenderizers...and be careful not to overcook..that will dry it out no matter what you do

Comment

Originally posted by safinaz:9698448
                      I love making tandoori chicken on wooden skewers with tomatoes, capsicums but my chicken always comes out dry and not moist like I have had in restaurants. I cover the dish with foil and often brush some oil on the chicken as well, and usually bake it at 200. Any suggestions.. thanks.
                      You said wooden skewers; does that mean you are using boneless breast pieces? It will always come out dry in oven, unless you use grill. Grill burns the outside layer fast and lock the juices. You can try a quick shallow pan frying of breast pieces before skewing them and putting them in oven.
                      People are afraid of what they don't understand

Comment

I use an indoor George Foreman grill (the big family size one) and I also get moist chicken cubes...I also have a grill pan made specifically for oven uses, and that works great as well.

I think OP needs to cook at a much higher temp for shorter amount of time...cooking it at 200 degrees is your problem right there

Comment

I use a covered turkey pan and use skewers inside with the cover. I put some water at the base so they cook in steam.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

Use aluminum foil it seals moisture inside and when ut almost done bake it without foil for a few mins.
                            Love makes you so strong and its very true because the way it made me powerful Allhumdulilah ! :) Love has made me unbreakable because no one can breaks the things which are already broken.....

Comment

Thanks all! I thought of pre-cooking the chicken on stove before tossing it into the oven but wouldn't the chicken pieces break when I put them on skewers afterwards? These are all boneless pieces btw. Water next to the chicken also seems like a great idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X