Nanny/Ayah help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nanny/Ayah help

Were you raised by a nanny/ayah? Are your kids being raised by one? Any experiences, and opinions on the pros/cons of a nanny, how to find a good one, etc? Do people go with family members who stay at home like their parents (grandmas and grandpas of the kids?)? Or unemployed stay at home siblings/cousins, or do you look outside the family? A Mexican nanny so your kids can learn some spanish?
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Nanny/Ayah help

I m in Pakistan and lately I feel I need help wid baby as hubby works long hours. I VE hired help but only t

Comment

I dunno PCG, we do the day care thing but we both like to spend EVERY second with our little one that we can. Wife takes Friday's off, I take random days off during the week just to spend time with her. In 4 weeks she starts kindergarten and I'm so sad that she's already growing up so fast. For us, the day care thing works while we take her out early or dont' send her at all come days of the week. I'm sure other people have genuine needs and inflexible work schedules where a nanny/ayah becomes a must. No two households are alike, stop trying to pigeonhole everyone.

Comment

^^ very well said!
        I am sending my 1 yr old to a half day program, I feel he needs a more social environment where he can play, listen stories, eat snacks, and learn other things.
        May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
        Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
        Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

^ Lusi, a day care program can be VERY beneficial. We all want the best for our little ones, they are the light of our lives, and I think it's hard on ANY parent who has to spend ANY time away from their babies. Unfortunately, times are such that usually both parents have to work. Even if that is not the case, it helps to have your baby in a social environment, it HELPS.

Comment

Working...
          X