chaand raat at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chaand raat at home?

i'm thinking of getting together all of our friends for a "chaand raat" at our home.
    i really dont feel like doing a proper iftaari with dinner lol and so i'm thinking maybe i'll invite everyone for either snacks and desserts around iftaar time or i'll invite everyone over for desserts late night.

need some suggestions on how to host this? i'm thinking of getting christmas lights and stuff and putting them up for a more festive look?
    what else can i do?

Re: chaand raat at home?

Henna, music, share eid plans/outifts, exchange eid gifts (nominal)
    www.instagram.com/sabacooks
    What good am I if i can't be me.

Comment

I think you should invite your friends after Iftar for the desserts and other chaand raat celebrations.

Comment

we are having in our area wth one dish party late night, bangles, music and games chit chat, called two hena ladies who can apply mehndi
        Meri hasti may ANAA hay meri masti may shaaoor ...

Comment

chaand raat at home?

We be have a ladies/girls chaand raat every year, and take turns hosting. It starts right after Iftar (so that the wives can feed their husbands and kids lol) and is a one dish potluck. Everybody brings some sort of snack or dessert or chaat type dish to share. We have 1-2 mehndi walis come who usually charge $5-$7 per hand which is the going rate here. Whoever is hosting usually decorates with lights or colorful dupattas.

Comment

^sounds soooo nice and fun MA
            "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

chaand raats are very common in Pakistani community abroad

Comment

We had a family get together.. one dish party and mehndi, etc
                It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life..

Comment

Working...
                X