Waxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waxing

I am 35+ weeks pregnant and thinking about waxing(full body) so I wont have to worry about it after having the baby(postpartum).. What do you think ladies.... Is it safe to get a bikini wax during pregnancy?

I dont want to deal with hair after delivery
    Did you shave or wax before labor?
    Last edited by Rems; Aug 3, 2013, 12:00 PM.

Re: Waxing

I don't think there's anything wrong with it But ask ur doctor just to be safe. I got it done few days before I had my baby.

Comment

Only one post... Noone wiling to reply...

Comment

If you are concerned about safety..ask your doc. Only she can give you medical advice.

Rest assured..I don't see any issue with it.

Comment

Waxing itself prob fine. Just make sure u dont get it done in a salon with poor air flow and use of harsh chemicals (esp the ones used for permanent straighteners n hair bleach)

Comment

waxing is fine, i've known many people that got it done while pregnant
            i am also pregnant but not planning on it as i cannot bare the pain .. i'm already having various pains and aches with this baby lol

Comment

I got a full body waxing including a brazilian done the day before my c-section! It hurt a lot more than usual but I bit the bullet
              She is madness sanity, She is hell and paradise

Comment

I got a Brazilian done at 30 weeks & I was fine.

For your peace of mind still consult your doctor.
                Even a Smile can be Charity!

Comment

my sisters a doc and she's seen numerous full term women come in to the emergency department with the skin off of their pubic areas ripped off due to waxing. something to do with hormones i think.

Comment

^ whoa!

Comment

I am going for a checkup today.... Will ask my doc... I am not dying for waxing but you all know na at this stage I cant even see down there... belly gets in the way

Comment

I got a Brazilian done at 36 weeks, I think. No issues. Consult with your doctor anyways. It shouldn't be a problem if they're using a natural-type wax and no weird/harsh chemicals.

Comment

Waxing

i waxed in both mypregnancy... fullbody is a must.. go for it

Comment

I got a brazillian at 38 weeks (cutting it close) but it was completely fine and I'm so glad that I did.

Comment

My OB/GYN source says that not only is it OK to wax before you are term, but it is actually appreciated by the medical staff.

Comment

Working...
                              X