Kaleji

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaleji

Not sure if there is already a thread on this, but i really need to eat a lot more of this due to my Aneamia, i actually love the taste, but can't stand the smell and texture of cooking it!!. and the forever running blood, it never seems to end no matter how much you try to flush it

Please share any easy to make recipes, which include very little handling of the kaleji

Re: Kaleji

the best way is to wash it as much as u can then stir fry it in garlic/ginger paste until it looses its bloody texture, then just continue cooking like our usual desi salans
    ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

put the kaleji in a colander on an empty pot [pot big enough to accommodate the colander] and then sprinkle some garlic paste/powder. put that under the running water in your kitchen sink...let the water run for 5 minutes...make sure it doesn't splash or else the splashed area will smell like crazy.

after washing, baste with a little garlic paste and let it stand for a an hour or so...then cook the way you wanna cook...this way, the bad odor will be gone, inshaa Allah!
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

If you do not like liver there are other alternatives to take care of your blood Anemia.

• meats - beef, pork, lamb, liver, and other organ meats
        • poultry - chicken, duck, turkey, liver (especially dark meat)
        • fish - shellfish, including clams, mussels, and oysters, sardines, anchovies
        • leafy greens of the cabbage family, such as broccoli, kale, turnip greens, and collards
        • legumes, such as lima beans and green peas; dry beans and peas, such as pinto beans, black-eyed peas, and canned baked beans
        • yeast-leavened whole-wheat bread and rolls
        • iron-enriched white bread, pasta, rice, and cereals

P.S . Chicken liver tastes better than liver of any other animal.
        Fools never disagree.

Comment

Working...
        X