How to introduce chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to introduce chicken

My baby has turned 10 months so I m introducing chicken 2 her firstly I gave her boiled chicken but she didn't like it thn I grilled some kids chicken nuggets n she is enjoying them , in which other form shoul I give her chicken or is it ok?

Right now she is taking fruits vegetables cereals biscuits n these nuggets r these ok? Or should I add something in her diet?
    Meri hasti may ANAA hay meri masti may shaaoor ...

Re: How to introduce chicken

I used to boil a chicken leg with some seasonings and then cook some chawal and veggies in with it. The meat on the chicken leg is very tender and good for babies. Or if you think the spice won't bother her, offer her pieces of chicken you've cooked with salan. you can wash it off.

My daughter refused bland food. So I always had a bit of seasoning.

Comment

Are you giving her pieces of chicken or mashing it up ?

Comment

When I first introduced chicken I used to cook chicken wings with some rice until all was a mush and then blend it into a smooth texture.Sometimes added rice cereal to thicken it.Slowly she lost interest in smooth pureed stuff,so I would just cook the chicken and rice until they were very soft and give her with a spoon.
        Then came the phase when I used to feed her with hands (around her first birthday).tehn I used to just slightly mash up whatever we were eating with all the regular spices,with a fork and give to her and not cook it separate.Now at 19 month,M'A...chicken is still a favorite and she loves it in any form.Whenever I have cooked chicken qeema,I take some and make a stuffed paratha for her (she loves any kind of paratha..!!).
        She enjoys any piece of chicken from the everyday salan with rice or plain roti.
        Sometimes chicken goes in her pasta.
        just today I made some kind of chicken nuggets for h er.She just had one and I think enjoyed it.You can make them at home,this way you can control salt and whatever else goes in there.
        Make sure it is not too bland,although at that age you certainly wont wanna introduce lots of spices...but mine always loved savory and flavored stuff.

Your baby's diet at 10 months sounds pretty good.I remember mine was taking 2 types of baby cereal,some chicken,home cooked rice and a variety of fresh and store bought fruits and veggies at that age.

It's better to light a candle ,than to curse the darkness.

Comment

I just make regular chicken salan, then rinse some chicken with water and feed it to the baby mashed real well. Most of the time he enjoys it. I do the same with other dishes... ie potatos, daals etc.
          Last edited by Sajalina; Nov 18, 2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

i boiled chicken leg n added some butter n mash it but she didnt liked it i l try wth chicken n rice lets c
            Meri hasti may ANAA hay meri masti may shaaoor ...

Comment

^ Are you seasoning it?
              You can also lighting fry it with maybe some garlic or onion and then boil. Deepens the flavor.

Comment

I just gave regular salan...like chicken salan with aloo. Just use less mirchain and garam masala. They love the desi flavor
                Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

^same with mine

Comment

^^...Mine is the same.She loves desi flavors and masalas.
                    The other day I made achari qeema and I actually wasn't too keen on her having it...but she picked up all the qeema with fingers and ate it before she had any roti with it.And all this while made these faces and sounds 'mama mmmmmmm' to let me know how yummy it was...
                    I bake a chicken with the least amount of desi spices or make a stir fry,she won't like it that much.
                    It's better to light a candle ,than to curse the darkness.

Comment

My son is the same way. He's 8 months and won't eat anything bland....I even put cinnimon, ground elichi, or vanilla in his cereal. In his purees I put a little of all of our masalas except salt.

I think if they're breastfed it might have to do with them getting the flavour through the milk.

Sahar....the chicken thigh is a good idea, I'll try that, cause right now I give him the whole chicken (pureed) and I think he sometimes finds it a little dry.

Comment

lol it used to annoy me so much when i would make her food in the beginning that was all baby-friendly and bland and she refused it and would devour whatever Ammi and MIL made for her . Anyway, now I've figured it out. I love Italian-style pasta dishes but she is not interested in those. Takes a few bites and she's done. So sad.

Comment

It took me a while too. I use to make him plain veggie purees and he would fuss so much and then one day ami gave him mashed aaloo from aaloo ki roti and he ate it all up

Comment

baby, chicken.

chicken, baby.

nice to eat you!
                            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsha View Post
                              My son is the same way. He's 8 months and won't eat anything bland....I even put cinnimon, ground elichi, or vanilla in his cereal. In his purees I put a little of all of our masalas except salt.

I think if they're breastfed it might have to do with them getting the flavour through the milk.

Sahar....the chicken thigh is a good idea, I'll try that, cause right now I give him the whole chicken (pureed) and I think he sometimes finds it a little dry.
                              the meat is really tender. i just get packs of chicken legs from the halal butcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X