smell in the drawer ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smell in the drawer ..

A friend has been facing an issue for a while and we have tried alot of totka's but havnt been able to sort out her issue ... I thought someone here might know something useful ..

apparently her kitchen drawer that holds spoons and cutlery , has this smell in the drawer more like when wood becomes moist ... or when you keep damp things in a closed cupboard for long .. she tried to dry the drawer out in the sun ... kept fresheners in the drawer ... but nothing much has helped ..

any options?
    The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Re: smell in the drawer ..

try an open box of baking soda...place the box in the drawer with lid open...that might just work. Good luck!
    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

yep I was going to suggest bicarb soda. Does she put damp cutlery in there?

Comment

yeah....if she is putting damp utensils in there, particularly if she has any wooden spoons or spatulas that she places in there before they are completely dried then no matter what she does she will still have the smell.

another thing to look for is what else is in that cupboard? perhaps there is a cabinet space underneath that has water from somewhere.

is there a sink nearby where the water is seeping into the counter-top? perhaps the smell is not from the drawer at all but is detected there because that is where the wood is exposed.

Comment

Buy a new drawer , replacement drawers are easily available if this is not a custom cabinet. And they are not expensive either.
          Fools never disagree.

Comment

Stick a few of those silica sachets in there, but obviously the cause of the dampness would need to be identified to really eliminate the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X