Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you get rid of mice/rats successfully

Please Help!!!!

iv been noticing mice droppings in my kitchen the last few weeks, under cooker/sink, behind fridge... so iv put out baits and poison...but its not working. i can see poison has been eaten everytime iv put it there but its not killing them...the baits are not good at catching either, iv tried allsorts, iv searched google for all the tips n tricks, have tried it all but not working... one tip i still need to check is placing peppermint on cotton wool which should deter them away, not sure though if it'll work, as the mice seem to be very clever in avoiding all the traps iv set. plz help... im having sleepless nights becoz of this problem, as im a clean freak n perfectionist i cant believe its happening in my nice clean home.. the mice appear to be coming from next door from under the floorboards, i have blocked every possible entry from outside and blocked holes with steel wool pads etc... plz help if you have been successful in getting rid of them. it will be very much appreciated!!

Thank you

Re: How do you get rid of mice/rats successfully

call your local council...they will come and put traps..shud get rid of them inshallah...

i have never had them..but knw ppl who have and council helps...

i assume ur in the UK

Comment

Yes im in UK. iv contacted council , they just offer free poison for mice. they will only come and help if we have infestation of big Rats!! :-( ... i dont know what to do. calling for someone privatly costs a big call out charge.

Comment

the best traps are the glue ones.....they are not necessarily humane but they work.
        place them where you have seen the droppings and in all the places where you think they might be travelling.
        this was the best way that I found to get rid of them......

consider prevention as well......look for any holes in your walls near plumbing etc that they might be coming through and block them with foaming insulation that hardens when you spray it.
        a pest control guy once told me that they can find their way through a hole the thickness of a ball-point pen!

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna View Post
          the best traps are the glue ones.....they are not necessarily humane but they work.
          hink they might be travelling.
          The only solution! It may take time but only this is going to work. Trap them to run on these sticky glue pads by luring them by food placed across the pad. Make their path narrow.

Comment

You need a billi. And some cheese. Swiss...it has them holes in it just makes for a more cuter visual effect.

Comment

you need a flute...play a looney tune on the flute and lure them out of their hidings and lead them away from your house, your neighbourhood and your city...to a far away land!
              Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
              16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

glue traps, caught one after a few hours after placing the trap
                khud bighaari hui taqdeer ka shiqwa na karo..

Comment

Glue traps and peanut butter as bait!

Comment

Please clean your house thoroughly, make sure there are no crumbs anywhere. Mice only come when there is food for them to munch on.
                    www.instagram.com/sabacooks
                    What good am I if i can't be me.

Comment

^ that is so wrong......mice come anyway....often to escape the cold outside when winter arrives.

Comment

I would move. I would actually die if I saw a mouse.
                        Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidra54 View Post
                          Please clean your house thoroughly, make sure there are no crumbs anywhere. Mice only come when there is food for them to munch on.
                          That can be correct,but it is not the only reason mice will come.
                          It's better to light a candle ,than to curse the darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehnaz View Post
                            I would move. I would actually die if I saw a mouse.
                            I used to think the same.But I am still alive.I had encounters with a few quite a few years ago. I do not want to see another one,ever again...!!
                            It's better to light a candle ,than to curse the darkness.

Comment

Just about two weeks ago when we were going through a power outage, I discovered there was a mouse in the house, found a half eaten candy bar. I had a mini heart attack right there and then. As naive as I am, I was hoping candy might have killed the mouse. My husband told me otherwise .... he said and I quote, "wo tou khush ho raha ho ga ussay candy khanay ko mili hai. I found that disgusting and hilarious at the same time. Let me tell you I don't think I can ever eat thar particular candy ever again in my life. Immediately got glue traps and kept hoping I wouldn't have an encounter with the mouse and thank god I didn't. It was caught the very next morning.

This is my success story of how we got rid of the mouse, hope to read your's soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X