Hunter Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter Beef

Has anyone tried the Shan masala Hunter Beef? Did you follow the directions exactly on the box or is there another tried and true method? I'm trying to find some good alternatives for lunchbox sandwiches for my boys...we're getting a little tired of pb & j or chicken salad sandwiches everyday!

Re: Hunter Beef

c'mon guys....no one has any hunter beef tips to share with me!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by khattichic View Post
      Has anyone tried the Shan masala Hunter Beef? Did you follow the directions exactly on the box or is there another tried and true method? I'm trying to find some good alternatives for lunchbox sandwiches for my boys...we're getting a little tired of pb & j or chicken salad sandwiches everyday!
      I have used Shan masala...and I just followed the recipe as is.Turned out exactly like HB..reminds me to get some more now If you really like HB,then go for it.
      Never underestimate a woman's strength or overestimate her weight.

Comment

Haven't made hunter beef.

But other alternatives to try can be a grilled cheese sandwich.....or an aloo tikki sandwich. You can get veggie patties from the market. You can even make sandwiches from left-over keema or boneless chicken ka salan. You can experiment with cheese sandwiches....by adding some sauteed peppers or onions or mushrooms to them....to give the kids a different taste. Other options include soup (grilled cheese goes awesome with soup)....and pasta....both of which should last you a couple of days. A casserole type dish (such as lasagna) is another option...and it should last a while.

Comment

Veggie patties, tuna salad, chicken salad, potato patties, grilled cheese with tomatoes and mayo, etc.

I even dump a ton of finely chopped veggies (red onions, celery, peppers, even apples) into mayo and turn it into a veggie salad sammich.

Do you have halal deli meat around you? Roast beef/swiss and turkey/cheddar are good options.
          Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
            Haven't made hunter beef.

But other alternatives to try can be a grilled cheese sandwich.....or an aloo tikki sandwich. You can get veggie patties from the market. You can even make sandwiches from left-over keema or boneless chicken ka salan. You can experiment with cheese sandwiches....by adding some sauteed peppers or onions or mushrooms to them....to give the kids a different taste. Other options include soup (grilled cheese goes awesome with soup)....and pasta....both of which should last you a couple of days. A casserole type dish (such as lasagna) is another option...and it should last a while.
            i picked up some insulated thermos type boxes and packed them those mini cheese ravioli and they liked that, but the pasta didn't stay warm enough...

Originally posted by Reha View Post
            Veggie patties, tuna salad, chicken salad, potato patties, grilled cheese with tomatoes and mayo, etc.

I even dump a ton of finely chopped veggies (red onions, celery, peppers, even apples) into mayo and turn it into a veggie salad sammich.

Do you have halal deli meat around you? Roast beef/swiss and turkey/cheddar are good options.
            We have alot of desi grocery stores here (i'm in Dallas!) and we love the halal turkey bacon (it makes a mean BLT sandwich!), but the boys didn't like the halal salami too much..I think I'm going to also try a take on the cream cheese tea sandwiches...maybe thinly slice cucumbers with a chive flavored cream cheese???

Thank you everyone for the feedback!

Comment

Ravioli is my favorite type of pasta.

Comment

I have. You have the tweak the recipe a bit with boiling time so it's tender and not hard but it turns out pretty well.
                A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

I'm making this atm. Will post results.

Comment

It smells so amazing . I'm so excited!

Comment

If your kids would like cold meat sandwiches then buy some halal breakfast beef , gyro slices , turkey slices etc from some Arab store and make those sandwiches for them with variation of dressings and condiments.
                      My kids love cold meat sandwiches.
                      Fools never disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirch View Post
                        If your kids would like cold meat sandwiches then buy some halal breakfast beef , gyro slices , turkey slices etc from some Arab store and make those sandwiches for them with variation of dressings and condiments.
                        My kids love cold meat sandwiches.
                        My boys LOVE the turkey bacon by Al-Safa, however, the beef salami/bologna didn't go over so well....

Comment

Originally posted by khattichic View Post
                          My boys LOVE the turkey bacon by Al-Safa, however, the beef salami/bologna didn't go over so well....
                          use salami/bologna cut into pretty pieces as topping on a cheese pizza and bake I am sure your kids will love it. They can eat that for lunch even cold.

P.S: I made some hunter's beef using Shaan HP masala , I even made hanifia chutney according to recipe from cookingwithbj.com . Results were good.
                          Fools never disagree.

Comment

Working...
                          X