Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? If so, what do you do? and most importantly...what do you cook?
    The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Re: Thanksgiving

it is more like family gathering and good meal but not turkey.
    and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
    [25:74]

Comment

Its a fun meal and a day off for everyone. I LOVE Thanksgiving dinners!!!

I don't think any of us really like turkey so we don't make it. We roast whole chickens instead.

What we do make is everything else...

Stuffing (I am looking for a new recipe this year)

Roasted/mashed potatoes

Veggies like corn/asparagus/peas

Cornbread

Dessert (varies from year to year)
      Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Nope, don't celebrate it at all.
        “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”

Comment

I love Thanksgiving Sales lol....i celebrate thanksgiving by pampering myself with shopping
          They Didn’t Know It Was Impossible, So They Did It!

Comment

I think it was only once we roasted a turkey.....I don't like it as I find it saltier and drier than chicken.

Usually we make baked chicken or some other dish (biryani or nihari, etc).....but it's not because we're celebrating Thanksgiving....but rather because my dad usually enjoys cooking on breaks and weekends.

Comment

Im sad the UK doesnt have thanks giving!

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                I think it was only once we roasted a turkey.....I don't like it as I find it saltier and drier than chicken.

Usually we make baked chicken or some other dish (biryani or nihari, etc).....but it's not because we're celebrating Thanksgiving....but rather because my dad usually enjoys cooking on breaks and weekends.
                Turkey is hard to make RV...it just doesn't taste right unless you really know what you're doing. And let's face it, desi people don't cook turkey.
                Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by AngelEyess View Post
                  I love Thanksgiving Sales lol....i celebrate thanksgiving by pampering myself with shopping
                  u bhi hamari hi category ki ho.
                  and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.

Comment

Originally posted by inspiron View Post
                    Im sad the UK doesnt have thanks giving!
                    thanksgiving is one word

pata nahi ager app logon nay celebrate karna shor kardi to turkey kay bajye mughi rakhain gain.

j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Reha View Post
                      Turkey is hard to make RV...it just doesn't taste right unless you really know what you're doing. And let's face it, desi people don't cook turkey.
                      I've had non-desi turkey too. Just not a fan of turkey. It's not horrible...I just like the texture and taste of chicken better.

Comment

well i plan on having a nice "traditional" thanksgivnig dinner, I won't be making turkeY (hubby hates it and although I like eating it I don't want to make it either) so im thinking a whole roast chicken (recipes if anyhone has any) mash potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and something else... any recipes for roast chicken are welcome!
                        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara516 View Post
                          well i plan on having a nice "traditional" thanksgivnig dinner, I won't be making turkeY (hubby hates it and although I like eating it I don't want to make it either) so im thinking a whole roast chicken (recipes if anyhone has any) mash potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and something else... any recipes for roast chicken are welcome!
                          pleej invite me, i like roast chicken.

Comment

Actually STA at christmas time here the whole country eats turkey!

Comment

Also according to many sources Thanksgiving is a european tradition bought over to the states and just discovered its our harvest festival, although we dont get a holiday

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada) - celebrates and englishman arriving in canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksg...United_States) - european harvest festival traditions etc

Comment

Working...
                              X