How to enjoy housework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to enjoy housework

How do some of you super ladies (guys) make mundane monotonous chores enjoyable. I wish housework was like my job no two days were alike.

BTW I tried flylady and the prob I face is getting started with the chores and also multiple chores on one day like laundry, cooking, doing dishes. Pls share tips and things that might work for you.

Re: How to enjoy housework

ask a lady...i'm not the right person to answer vaise, ab se koi 10-20 saal ke ba'd yeh baateN mardoN ko ziyaada pataa hoNgii kiun k mard Hazraat ghar baiTheNge aur Khawaateen kaam dhaam kareNgii...

...laRko, paRh likh lo varna anjaam buraa hogaa!!!
    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

People enjoy housework...really..??...I have never enjoyed it...
      I guess different things work for different people and also depends how many people you have in the household.We are just two adults with a 19 mo daughter.For example on days when I have decided to do loads of laundry and all the cleaning in the house and changing the sheets and dusting and vacuuming etc,I try to avoid cooking that day.
      On days when I am cooking I try to make more than one thing,this way I wont have to bother with kitchen work the next day except for making rice or roti and something for breakfast.You get the picture.
      lately I have found it to work the best for me....I get a day or two really relaxed and am able to take my toddler somewhere like a gym or library in the mornings.We both like it.
      It's better to light a candle ,than to curse the darkness.

Comment

Just do it and do it right.
        Keeping a house clean and organized gets you compliments , smiles and thanks and that is your reward and reason for doing it.
        Fools never disagree.

Comment

I like having a clean house, so that's what motivates me.

Also, I like thinking and I always think during housework. So even though I'm going through the motions of my task, my mind is on something else. And I have a pen and paper handy to jot things down on, whether it's stuff I remember for the to-do list or work related.

If you are doing housework when you have free time, try dispersing it with something like you enjoy. Like a tv show. Do a few chores, watch 15mins, do a few more.

One thing I have seen is that when people have so much to do that they can't possibly do it, like the house is completely disorganised and messy, they avoid doing the daily chores as it doesn't make a visible difference. If this is the case, you need to do a spring clean. Get everything clean, tidy and organised, throw out stuff you don't use. Then the weekly chores will seem less hassle and when you can see you are maintaining a nice house, it will motivate you.
          OMG Paki!

Comment

Housework annoys me, but I do it cause I like a clean/organized house.

I take care of the clutter daily, dishes get done right away. Then once a week I vaccum, clean the bathrooms, mop, laundry, and dust....my husband helps that day and we get it all done together. Its a pain but we just do it all in the morning, it really doesn't take too long between the two of us and then we don't have to worry about it and the house is nice and clean.

We find that if we do the deep cleaning once a week, the daily stuff is really minor.

Comment

For clenaing - the things that work for me are music and thinking it's a form of exercise. You keep thinking how many calories you are burning.

Nothing can't get me into cooking though.
              A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Comment

^i agree..I don't detest cooking or anything and I do cook as well but especially experimenting and trying out new things because I enjoy it

Moreover we are just two ppl so most of the stuff I do cook has to be in real small quantities because I hate it when food goes stale/rotten and I have to throw it
                Train this chaos, turn it into light . . .

Comment

I am one of those who find cleaning and organizing things therapeutic! It makes me happy when my house is clean and organized! I can't stand clutter!

But I absolutely detest desi cooking! I used to enjoy it but now it seems like the most mind numbing thing to do! So now I just get food cooked by this Pakistani aunty who lives close by!!

Comment

MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!

Turn on some of your favorite music...start cooking something amazing while you're cleaning and reward yourself after you're done with it!
                    Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. ~ Rumi

Comment

i agree stick some music on get that will make you get up and then just get on with it

i do that most of the time ...this song gets me to jump up and other bhangra type

Dream as you'll live forever...live as you will die today....

Comment

I enjoy housework. I always have. I used to be a workaholic. Used to go to University in the morning and work a full shift from afternoon to night in school/college days but then I got married, moved and of course quit my job. I started enjoying housework. I like to keep my house clean and organized too. With my 8 month old, its just impossible. I get frustrated because I don't have time to clean my house anymore. I have started enjoying cooking a bit less, just decorating and cleaning is what really motivates me. I go out to shop for new things 2-3 times a week and that keeps me busy and happy

Comment

ask your husband to do it...enjoy!
                          Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
                          Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

Working...
                          X