Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you cooking for/on Eid-ul-Adha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you cooking for/on Eid-ul-Adha?

Insh'Allah Eid-ul-Adha will be on Monday Dec 8th. Have you guys decided what you're cooking on Eid?

I'm still not sure :-/

We're going to celebrate and eat together with a few familyfriends so I won't be doing the cooking alone.

So far I've decided to make haleem with barra gosht. Some snacks (idea's?) and ofcourse a sweetdish too.
    "... te hun gall aithe mukdi!"

Re: What are you cooking for/on Eid-ul-Adha?

We are invited for a pot luck but i was told not to bring anything. Unfor hubs will be going to qurbani and i have a presentation due the next day, so we probably wont be able to make it.

Mujhay bhi ideas do!
    I love children and old people. Its everyone in between I can't stand - Don Imus

Comment

Weel Ira that's simple then If they don't want you to bring anything then don't Just go and eat!

I've decided on a sweetdish!!

Hazelnut crunch chocolate cake with mascarpone frosting

Comment

Originally posted by ShiNoO View Post
        Weel Ira that's simple then If they don't want you to bring anything then don't Just go and eat!

I've decided on a sweetdish!!

Hazelnut crunch chocolate cake with mascarpone frosting
        Shinoo...yar tell me how to make the dessert please. i have to take one dish to a party and i have mascarpone sitting in the fridge and i need to use it!
        Now Scoot!

Comment

Not cooking all day

Comment

Im making lemon meringue pie.

Luckily no one in my family likes lemon so its all mine.
            OMG Paki!

Comment

Luckily we're going to a potluck at my phuppos so all we're bringing with us is fried lamp chops and chicken liver pates for the appetizers.
              it's the heart afraid of dying, that never learns to dance; It's the dream afraid of waking, that never takes the chance; It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give; And the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live.

Comment

Milly share your receipe for lemon meringue pie please!!!!
                Now Scoot!

Comment

Recipe for Hazelnut Chocolate Crunch cake:

Hazelnut Crunch Cake With Mascarpone and Chocolate Recipe | Recipezaar

Comment

For snacks I'm thinking of chicken springrolls cuz I have loads of filo sheets in my freezer and and maybe sheekh kababs?!

Comment

Originally posted by ShiNoO View Post
                      Shinoo, i wish it was that easy, hubby is going for qurbani inshaAlah so we cant make it to the potluck. So he has asked me to make biryani for us. Now i am thinking someone might show up so i need some snacks as well, the easy kind, since i cant spend too much time in the kitchen these days.

I am thinking chana chat for starters. I might buy those ready packs for bhel puri as well. And then thinking of a chocolate cake for dessert. Havent made that in a while.

Doesnt help when you have a presentation due the next day
                      I love children and old people. Its everyone in between I can't stand - Don Imus

Comment

Thanks Shinoo. Will try n let u know!

Good luck to all of you regarding the cooking. Luckily i dont have to cook on eid as MIL away. Whoo Hoo!! Hopefully will eat at someone's...haha!
                        Now Scoot!

Comment

^hahaha! Yaar you're supposed to LOVE cooking! :-p

Ps- the cake turns out yummy!!! I don't top it with the crushed chocolate and the orange zest btw. The hazelnutcrunch is more than enough!

Comment

Ira, chaat sounds easy and yummy! And I also love bhel puri with imli ka pani Shaami kababs are fairly easy too or just aloo ki tikkiyaan (I add shredded chicken, grated cheese and sweetcorn to the potatoes for variety)! Just shape them sitting down and fry in badges.

Comment

Shinoo, why didnt i think of aloo tikis? I make these really yummy ones, and can also make mini sandwiches out of them! Great idea, thanks yaar!

Comment

Working...
                              X