Broccoli Rabe--Saag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broccoli Rabe--Saag?

Does anyone here cook brocolli rabe? What do you make with it, and how? I always make saag from it and it comes out soooo delicious especially when eaten with a dollop of margarine on top of roti or mixed with the saag...

Is saag the same thing as broccoli rabe? I've heard people calling methi and even palak saag sometimes... what is the true definition and ingredietns composing of saag exactly?
    it's the heart afraid of dying, that never learns to dance; It's the dream afraid of waking, that never takes the chance; It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give; And the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live.

Re: Broccoli Rabe--Saag?

methi is fenugreek. saag just refers to a leafy vegetable, i guess, prepared in a certain way.. but i think traditional saag is actually made of mustard leaves (sarson ka saag) and it has a distinct flavour.

Comment

brocolli , green mustard, and palak
      you can make good saag with these all 2gether,if u need recipe let me know,
      Badi Ajeeb Hai Nadan Dil Ki Khaish Ya Rab

Amal Kuch Naheen Or Dil Talabgaar Hai
      Jannat Ka

Comment

^^ SURE!! have no idea how to make it--but really enjoy eating t

Comment

ingrediant
          1) palak
          1) mustard
          10BROCOLLI.. wash and drain all water chop thn put in pressure cocker also add green chilli 5 to 6 ,,, or its up to u how spicy you want salt acording your taste
          add garlic and add one glass water cook about 10 minutes
          make masla
          half onion fry in oil add red ground chili and salt and make masala
          saag wait untill it will be cold, than put in chopper chop almost half minute add 2 tablespoon corn flour makai atta
          than mix all together misala and saag cook about 10 minute on low heat your saag is ready to eat
          Badi Ajeeb Hai Nadan Dil Ki Khaish Ya Rab

Amal Kuch Naheen Or Dil Talabgaar Hai
          Jannat Ka

Comment

as Namkeen said saag is a general term I guess.
            my mom makes saag with rapini its got the "sarson" taste.

Comment

i make "cheats saag" its made in 4 minutes and tastes delish.

1 can of saag puree, 1/2 can of mushroom soup, 1 tablespoon of pataks curry paste, 1 tea spoons of salt/pepper/chill powder/tumeric.

just combine all the ingredients except the mushroom soup and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
              stir in the mushroom soup. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes again. Your done!

Comment

Working...
              X