Travelling to Pakistan with 11 months old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling to Pakistan with 11 months old

One of the things we are concerned about is the water quality in Pakistan. One of the ideas I had was to buy one of those hard-shell suit cases and take spring/distilled water bottles for my daughter's formula and drinking in Pakistan. I know you can get distilled water in Pak too but I'm just not too comfortable relying on quality of those in Pakistan. The other thing is the use boiled water in Pakistan which I'm sort of Ok with.

My question, anyone else faced similar situation and what they decided on? Is it a good idea to take water with you from US or Pak water does just fine?

Also, what else we should we take to Pakistan with use for the baby besides the usual stuff like diapers, formula, mosquito repellent etc.?

Thanks.

Re: Travelling to Pakistan with 11 months old

take baby food and baby gerber juices as well as cereal.Snacks like cookies etc for the baby too.
    I wouldnt be too concerned about the water as they have nestle water there, which is good to use.
    Diapers Diapers and more Diapers. I got my kids like extra extra from Sams Club. Its always a good idea to over pack the diapers.How long are you going to go?
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Carrying your own water is complete overkill.

I would just buy sealed bottles of international branded bottle watter in Pakistan...I know you can get brands like Nestle and Evian in any major city there. If thats too expensive, you could always just bring a Brita filter with you, and filter boiled water to make sure its clean.

Comment

Roman, you can get good bottle water there and diapers as well. Of course the diapers are very expensive but it'll save you a lot of room in your baggage.

Be sure to take over the counter meds, like infant Tyelenol, Benadryl...ask your doc. Also carry your kid's immunization records and her favorite snacks like Ask99 mentioned above.
        Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

Why dont you take a brita filter and jug for the water?
          I love children and old people. Its everyone in between I can't stand - Don Imus

Comment

Romands got a babyy!!
            A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

Roman from experience, I took my 12 months old to pakistan, the water in the nestle bottle is good, we did not have any problem of that, u can boil that water if u want, just to be extra secure.

The problem i faced, take a electric boiling machine with you, oh i forgat u are in the USA and electricty might be a problem, we bought one in pakistan and it did not have an automatic stopper to it and i almost burned it ...ohhh

Do take enough of the formula she is drinking, I gave her cow milk from pakistan as the one i was using finished and she got sick. Also take enough of baby food, lots of it.

Take lots of warm cloths if u are in islamabad ... dont know about lahore winters.

u can get diapers (pampers ) in pakistan and they are good as the ones from outside.

Comment

How you doin' cattie?

Ladies, so fine, water is settled but what about juice? We give Myra apple juice mixed with water and my wife bought whole case of apple juice bottles from BJ's yesterday which is going to be bit of a logistical challenge and I was thinking either to take powdered form concentrated apple juice (I don't even know if you can get that in the market but the usual juice from concentrate in the supermarket is made the same way so why not?) or just use the ones available in Pakistan. Any experience with that? Is the Pakistani apple juice ok?

Thanks.

Comment

You get juices in cartons over there as well. They should be fine. Maybe dilute the adult ones for such a small kid, or give her lesser quantity.
                  Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

Sounds good. We might drop apple juice altogether too.

BTW, while we are on the topic, has anyone tried those vacuum bags used to pack clothes for travel? Do they really save space like they claim to be?

Comment

There are Nestle' juices too...

Comment

you can easily buy diapers by pampers brand from pakistan.

Comment

Neera, is the quality same? We use Pampers Cruisers Xtra Absorbency brand. Can you get these in Pakistan?

We can't ask relatives in Pak because this is going to be a surprise trip. :halo:

Comment

Roman do you get instant tees for kids in USA

My daughter drank this a lot and its in powder form, so it was easy to transport.

Its specially made for babies.

HiPP - Babynahrung, Milchnahrung, Milchbrei, Babykost, Glaskost, Bio, Allergie, allergenarme Babynahrung, Säuglingsmilchnahrung, Sondennahrung

Comment

Saadia, I don't think we have those in US but looks like something good to have.

Comment

Working...
                              X