organizing/storing clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

organizing/storing clothes

I really need help. I feel overwhelmed at the moment. We live in a 2BD aparmtent and the space is fine for the two of us. But i am having trouble keeping my clothes organized. All my stuff is from teh wedding or before, i have bought very little afterwards. There is kaam walay kapray which i store on a shelf. IN the closets i hang my abayas and clothes that i wear regulalry. Then there is western clothing for summer and winter. And there is shalwar suits for summer, winter and just casual stuff. Most of it is packed right now since i cant fit into them. But i still feel overwhelmed. And ia m the kind of person who doesnt throw away clothes until they are in really bad shape. I have stuff from 8-9 years ago that looks brand new still.

How do i organize all of this? Help meeeeee!
    I love children and old people. Its everyone in between I can't stand - Don Imus

Re: organizing/storing clothes

If you have clothes from 8-9 years ago then you probably have clothes that you know you'll never wear or can't wear. Why don't you take out all the clothes and see if you can throw away/donate some clothes to make space in your closet?

I have two huge closets so I hang my daily clothes for current season in 1 closet and formal wear in the other. The rest of clothes go in my suitcase. I put all my summer clothes neatly in my suitcase so when summer is here I don't have to look everywhere. It saves so much time!!

Comment

Corrupt Angel, the problem is that i DO wear everything i own And i guess another problem is lack of closet space. Or maybe i really do have a lot of clothes. Is that even possible?

PS: I know it is but so hard to believe
      I love children and old people. Its everyone in between I can't stand - Don Imus

Comment

How about storing the out of season clothing somewhere , using one of those storage bags which you can suck the air out of to minimise the space required.

Comment

^ I was going to suggest that too. I store winter clothes in plastic boxes or hoover bags during the summer, and swap them with summer clothes in the winter. Can be stored over wardrobe or under bed etc.

I also have discovered the beauty of plastic drawer towers. They can be hidden inside wardrobe or just free standing. If u get a good size, u will find that u can store a lot of clothes neatly folded and they r easy to find too.
          One must make a mark in this world, if I am remembered for anything, let it be cheese and crackers...

Comment

I organize and store my clothes by keeping 4-5 suitcases full of clothes at my inlaws :CareBear: The things I keep there are mostly formal heavey clothes that I know I dont need often. When I know an event is coming up and I will need something, I just hop over and get it. I dont know what I would do if they moved and I needed to bring all those over to my place. I dont need a walkin closet, I need several...large ones

Comment

as someone suggested, you need spacebags! they are really good

Space Bag – Vacuum Seal Storage Bags

Comment

ira ur problem matches quite with me as well.my wardrobe is also filled all over but what i do..the clothes which i dont use .obviously some formal and semi-formal...i just put them in my suitcase...other casual shalwar kameez and western clothing i have neatly folded them and put in the racks of my wardrobe...,some semi-formals i have hanged.....

after-wedding and wedding suits..they r all in 4-5 suitcases at my in-laws...whenever there is any function coming up i bring from my in-laws in advance...for the rest some formals and semi-formals r ok...i also get my clothes stitched from here ....and donatign the old stuff..so its organized anyhow/.

Comment

Originally posted by RupayHalwa View Post
                  ^ I was going to suggest that too. I store winter clothes in plastic boxes or hoover bags during the summer, and swap them with summer clothes in the winter. Can be stored over wardrobe or under bed etc.

I also have discovered the beauty of plastic drawer towers. They can be hidden inside wardrobe or just free standing. If u get a good size, u will find that u can store a lot of clothes neatly folded and they r easy to find too.
                  Good idea!

Comment

https://www.wonderhanger.com/index.asp

I wonder if something like this will work...I saw the ad on TV today...
                    I always find closet space to be less no matter how much it is...I guess we all do...
                    I keep the off season stuff in suit cases and the other stuff in the closet...and swap them when the season changes...although i HATE doing this with a passion but I have no other choice...
                    It's better to light a candle ,than to curse the darkness.

Comment

I listed a bunch of shalwar kameezes on ebay...it was hard to get rid of them, but i realized that I will probably never wear them again, so even if they do sell for only $20 that's better than sitting in my closet for nothing. I like these closet doublers also: Adjustable Closet Doubler-Chrome plated steel-Wardrobe Organizer it will work well for your American clothes.

Comment

Working...
                      X