quick cuisine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick cuisine

Many of us are rushed, busy lives, and how well we eat suffers, so here I just wanted to have a collection in this thread of quick food ideas. only two requirements

they are healthy and/or they are yummie

lets say start to finish no more than 30 mins, and that should include all prep work
    what would also be nice if it they dont call for stuff that people usually dont have in the pantry. or nothing exotic.

Mine.

chicken breast, bbq sauce, salsa..seal it in foil, toss it in the oven and its all set.
    actually that approach can work with other stuff too.

meanwhile I can make some rice or pasta and steam some veggies.
    Your friendly neighbourhood fraudiya loafer luccha lufanga awara ayaash aubaash ghunda badmaash man

Re: quick cuisine

2 threads this morning in ha & cc Bhook lagi hai aaj?

Well, here's another quick one:

Turn on the grill. Meanwhile, marinate chicken with paprika, salt, ginger garlic and some oil. While chicken is grilling, bake some potatoes in a paper bag in the microwave, and fix a salad, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, orange slices, walnuts, etc...

Or, stirfry beef strips with some vinegar and coarsely chopped garlic/ginger. When it turns brownish add onions and frozen veggies like stir fry mixes, add soy sauce, salt pepper, red chilli flakes. Meanwhile, steam some rice.
    Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

roasted nuts + pineapple + boiled peas + boiled potato + dont boil the carrots + boiled macaronis + cucumber + chopped apple + chopped cabbage + mayonnaise = Russian Salad

ps: there is a specific technique to make a fresh mayonnaise but it good to see its making, live.
      Last edited by zobia; Nov 20, 2008, 02:28 PM.
      "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Comment

Pan Fry Tilapia
        Marinate it with lemon juice,salt ,red and black pepper, and ajwaein.And start frying with very little oil.It take about 15 minutes and in the mean time bake potatoes and serve it with coleslow.
        "The point is Allah. And everything besides Allah, is besides the point."

Comment

Originally posted by Niksik View Post
          2 threads this morning in ha & cc Bhook lagi hai aaj?
          I am just helping out

Originally posted by zobia View Post
          roasted nuts + pineapple + boiled peas + boiled potato + boiled carrots + boiled macaronis + cucumber + mayonnaise = Russian Salad

ps: there is a specific technique to make a fresh mayonnaise but it good to see its making, live.
          potato and carrot can be boiled in 30 mins? I dont know exact time it takes. just confirming
          Your friendly neighbourhood fraudiya loafer luccha lufanga awara ayaash aubaash ghunda badmaash man

Comment

Potatoes and carrots can both be cooked in the microwave within 10 mins depending on the quantity.
            Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

Originally posted by X2 View Post
              potato and carrot can be boiled in 30 mins? I dont know exact time it takes. just confirming
              if u r not putting it in microwave (as chachi suggested) then dont just boil the entire aalo...chop it into smaller pieces. it will boil fairly very easily. btw first boil the potatoes, n then in the same water boil the carrots, and then put peas in it.

*it is always good to sprinkle olive oil on to the boil macaronis, potatoes, carrots, peas when they are boiling, as olive oil gives them a fresher look.

ps. i forgot to mention chopped apple n cabbage as well. (lemme edit the post)

ps2. u really dont have to boil the carrots. :halo:
              Last edited by zobia; Nov 20, 2008, 02:27 PM.
              "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Comment

two slices of brown bread
                1 lemon+black pepper tuna can
                some mayo
                piri piri sauce
                1-2 slice tomato

perfect tuna sandwich!
                And never take those killed in the way of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive, with their Lord, well-provided, happy with what Allah has given them of His grace [Al-Imran, v169]

Comment

Just Open the Fridge.....................grab the SMOKED SALMON!
                  We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

Sliced chicken
                    Sliced mushrooms
                    Cream
                    Milk
                    salt & pepper
                    Penne

Boil the penne in salted water. Put oil in a pan and saute the chicken and mushrooms..add the cream and milk and the seasoning! yum!
                    ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

nice suggestions , but when i post a similar thread a while back i hardly get any replies ,
                      even though it was in english
                      http://www.paklinks.com/gs/household...slim-meal.html
                      Picking a fight on an internet forum is like running in the Special Olympics , win or lose , U're still retarded ....
                      Doing nothing is very hard to do.... You never know when you're finished...
                      .......Come & visit me sometime..........

Comment

daal chawal.
                        no?
                        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Originally posted by Niksik View Post
                          Turn on the grill. Meanwhile, marinate chicken with paprika, salt, ginger garlic and some oil. While chicken is grilling, bake some potatoes in a paper bag in the microwave...
                          if u don't mind sharing, how exactly do u bake potatoes in the microwave?

Comment

Take fish , i mostly use Tilapia , or chicken ( boneless or with bone) . mix lemon juice + little yogurt ( not necessary though) + garlic + salt + powdered red pepper n black pepper + little cumin powder + soya sauce + oil , apply on the meat now either put it in ziplock bag and freeze the marinated meat or bake it in oven right away , have them with steamed or sautee' veggies and bread or pasta.

Another one is Take 5 spices + lemon grass+ soya sauce + little salt + garlic + oil mix it well now apply over chicken strips or beef strips and bake , also u can first stir fry that meat so that it stay soft than bake later , have them with veggie pasta .
                            Picking a fight on an internet forum is like running in the Special Olympics , win or lose , U're still retarded ....
                            Doing nothing is very hard to do.... You never know when you're finished...
                            .......Come & visit me sometime..........

Comment

Chicken fajita's

Cut chicken breast into strips, and marinade (for about 10 mins while you make salsa)with:

Paprika
                              Fresh garlic
                              Lemon juice
                              Salt
                              Cumin powder
                              Salt
                              Oregano
                              Corriander powder

Meanwhile make salsa - mix:
                              Chopped tomatoes
                              Shredded lettuce
                              Avocado
                              Red onion
                              Fresh corriander
                              Lemon juice - and season

And slice some peppers for chicken.

Heat a griddle pan brush it with olive oil, add chicken after a couple of mins add sliced peppers and cook until, cooked through. About 10 mins.

Fill a wheat tortilla wrap with chicken, salsa, and top with low fat creme fraiche/sour cream/greek yogurt. Roll and serve.

Comment

Working...
                              X