Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My girl's first birthday party

Hi ladies,

I am planning a small birthday party for my princess she is turning one this coming sunday and would like your advice/comments on the menu. I won't be able to cook alot of stuff at home as I have to take care of her and arrange the tables n do the decor as well. There are going to be 12 adults and 6 kids (3 toddlers and 3 below 8 years ) .

So far this is what i have in mind:

From home:
    Chana chaat with papri
    Minced chicken on toast
    Smileys (potato cutlets)

from bakery:
    keema samosa
    mini burgers or mini pizza

others:
    cake
    marshmallows, candies
    Last edited by BlueEmerald; Nov 21, 2008, 01:56 AM.

Re: My girl's first birthday party

one of my relatives has been kind enough to help me and will be getting sandwiches for the bday. therefore i had decided to make frozen chocolate banana on a stick so i can make it before hand and keep it.

a big question here.. the melted chocolate that one has to dip the banana in..does it have to be hot? or can i use the hershleys chocolate syrup? n do i need to heat this syrup or use it as it is?

pls help me anyone! i just have 2 days to go!

Comment

No, I don't think you can use syrup. I would say melt some chocolate with some butter and littel cream...and then dip the bananas in the melted chocolate mixture.... oh and melt them in a pot over boiling water...

You can always try the syrup thing but it won't be same.....
      May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
      Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
      Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

PLEASE dont spoil the kids with candies, instead make healthy snacks for them.

I just did my girl's 3 year party and I did make some extra food for the kids but they were old enough to eat adults food also as we didnt add too much red chilli in them, instead we made a small bowl of HOT poodney ki chaatni for the adults who like it spicy.

I have noticed you are not making any food for the adults ? am I right?

I can add here my menu and u are lucky some pics too for you to decide if you like to add something from my menu.

Chicken Korma
        Backed Chicken Legs
        Samoses
        Sami Kebab
        Spring roll (bought those and kids love them)

Rice
        Dahi balley
        green Salad
        patoto Salad
        Noodle salad
        turkish naan
        poodney ki chaatni

pics are of not good quality, my camera lens was dirty and I didnt notice.

Comment

I'd add more adult dishes since majority of the kids are toddlers, for the below 8's u can make mac n cheese and have mini pizza's that both kids and adults can have. If it's a dinner part/birthday, u'd need stuff for adults..and finger food for the little ones.
          ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

thank u for your comments ladies.. well i am having it at 4 pm so will only be serving snacks . Saadia for adults i will be serving samosas , chana chaat and for the kids
            would be (and adults will have this too ) - sandwiches , smileys, banana on sticks and looking at your pics i feel like adding fried chicken..it looks yummy i have removed mini burgers as my relative will be bringing sandwiches.

so this is how my final menu looks like now

samosas (this will be spicy as i am buying it from outside)
            chana chaat (will keep this mild)
            smileys
            fried chicken
            sandwiches
            chocolate banana on stick
            cake

Comment

A one year old's birthday party from my experience is more for the parents. The birthday boy/girl doesnt really even understand whats going on and will never be able to remember what happened anyway. I say just make some homemade cookies, some mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, fries, pizza and then cake and ice cream. For the adults you should go with a fruit platter, chaat, samosas, a pasta dish and kababs.
              it's the heart afraid of dying, that never learns to dance; It's the dream afraid of waking, that never takes the chance; It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give; And the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live.

Comment

Do make a salan and rice for the adults.

Comment

^^ It is tea party kind of thing and not dinner or lunch party....

eastern11, I think your menu looks fine...
                  May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
                  Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
                  Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

thank u ladies!

Comment

U wud need melted chocolate for the banana sticks u plan on making =) the syrup won't work..
                      ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

Working...
                      X