Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Chicken fat and skin

Hi Guys

Who else detests taking off the skin or fat from chicken legs/wings etc??

I just hate doing it, not coz it sickens me, but coz it takes 4 ever and just takes longer! And sometimes, I struggle to see what part I need to take off and what part I dont need to? (Please keep in mind Ive only been cooking for about 2 months!)

So does anyone know any easy methods of removign this fat and skin?

Originally posted by TabuB View Post
    Hi Guys

Who else detests taking off the skin or fat from chicken legs/wings etc??

I just hate doing it, not coz it sickens me, but coz it takes 4 ever and just takes longer! And sometimes, I struggle to see what part I need to take off and what part I dont need to? (Please keep in mind Ive only been cooking for about 2 months!)

So does anyone know any easy methods of removign this fat and skin?
    awww.. poor u. honestly i dun mind doin it that much... but i never do it since I buy frozen boneless chicken. if u dun like it then ask the butcher there to skin it for u if they can.... or else buy frozen ones!
    as far as tips go, use ur hands to take them out. or wear gloves and taken them out. its not as yucky as you think it is.

Comment

Re: Removing Chicken fat and skin

take a tissue towel paper and place it on the stinn and then rip it off, with bear hands the skin slips because of the fat on it!

thank God this work (taking the skin and fat out and cutting into small pieces) is something that my husband does for me.

Oh anything part that is yellow take it off!

Comment

i think an economical way of taking it out is by using a cloth as towel papers would b wasted in the bin. i do that whenever i make drumsticks. i have to take out the skin. i hold the cloth and snap, comes out the skin

Comment

Working...
        X