Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu Help

Hi,

In this coming weekend my relatives will come to our place first time, they will arrive at friday night and leave on sunday after lunch. I will make menu to entertained them as they come first time at my place. Insha-Allah I will complete my task before they arrive.

Friday Dinner

Chicken Biryani
    Nihari
    Shaami Kabab
    Mix Veges Jalfrezi
    Salad
    Raita
    IceCream

Saturday Breakfast

Puri
    Cholay
    Achari Aalo (Lusi 's recipe)
    Sooji Halwa

Saturday Lunch

Left over with some snacks

Saturday Dinner

Egg Fried Rice
    Sweet n Sour Chicken
    Chicken Chiili
    Spring Egg Rolls
    Potato Cutlets
    Vege Spaghetti (recipe required)
    Truffles (SGC's recipe)
    Rus Malai (Alishat's recipe)

Sunday Breakfast

Unfried Paratha type Roti
    Aalo Bhujiya
    Omlette
    Cholay
    Firni

Sunday Lunch

Mutter Pulao
    Chicken Qorma
    Koftay
    Tori Chanay ki Daal
    Aalo kabab
    Salad
    Raita
    Loki Halwa

Thats it, right now I am cooking some of the dishes. What do u think is it ok or need some editing, there are two families came one has three girls other one is come with his one son, among all guests one girl is purely vegetarian so u can find some veges in every menu. Plz give your advise thanks.
    Last edited by Jias; Nov 18, 2008, 12:11 PM.
    WE NEED BLESSINGS OF ALLAH.

Re: Menu Help

i think thats a great menu in sunday lunch u have loki daal maybe u shud try gajar halwa instead of loki halwa
    They said: “Glory be to You! We have no knowledge except what You have taught us. You are the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.” ( Surat al-Baqara, 2:32)

Comment

Jias, i am amazed at how much you will be making for your guests MashaAllah. If it were my guests, i would probably make 2 salans at each meal time or a salan and a rice dish. The menu looks great to me but a lot of work for me atleast
      I love children and old people. Its everyone in between I can't stand - Don Imus

Comment

hey...do you have enough room for 5 more????????

Sounds YUMMY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ira View Post
          Jias, i am amazed at how much you will be making for your guests MashaAllah. If it were my guests, i would probably make 2 salans at each meal time or a salan and a rice dish. The menu looks great to me but a lot of work for me atleast
          Yeah lots of work, my mammon comes first time at my place and the other guest is my mammon too (ammi's mammon's son) as I cook more for my friends so, they are my relatives live in NJ and the other one in Ohio so they will not come often thats why I want to cook more so they will try my dishes first time (as I cook some dishes as my ammi cook so he can taste the dishes same as his sister made when he was young) .

Comment

Saturday dinner you have 2 chicken dishes, maybess you could get by with just the one?

Menu looks really good, but it looks as if your going to spend the whole time in the kitchen, surely your guests are visiting to see you too.
            OMG Paki!

Comment

Originally posted by *Milly* View Post
              Saturday dinner you have 2 chicken dishes, maybess you could get by with just the one?

Menu looks really good, but it looks as if your going to spend the whole time in the kitchen, surely your guests are visiting to see you too.
              U r rite so I have to cook in advance not in front of them, actually I like sweet n sour but my hubby like chicken chilli thats why two dishes.

Comment

omg, i'm coming over too!!! that sounds divine- all of it!
                Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.
                - Nehru

Comment

Jias, your menu is great...but itna sara kaam tum khud karou gi i would help u if i was there . best of luck.

Comment

For sunday, just keep one salan..either chicken keema or koftay. For Friday dinner... nihari and chicken biryani both are two much... I would say skip nihari...
                    May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
                    Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
                    Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

Same, I have to cook all dishes by myself, hubby asked if I need any help but his verbal help is enough for me. All of u are always welcome. Right now I cooked nihari, cholay salan, aalo kabab and shammi kabab MA, now I am going to cook koftay and further more IA.

Comment

Originally posted by Lusi View Post
                        For sunday, just keep one salan..either chicken keema or koftay. For Friday dinner... nihari and chicken biryani both are two much... I would say skip nihari...
                        Actually Lusi as I said they come first time so I have to cook one rice and atleast one salan with naan, total seven guests are coming, three are elders and 5 are teenagers. In which one kid is purely vegetarian so I have to cook something for her too.

Comment

Oh wow... ok... then it sounds ok....

Hats off too you for all the cooking!!
                          May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
                          Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
                          Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

Thanks Lusi.

Comment

wow!!... all of this makes me hungry and at the same stuffed too (after thinking of eating all of that )
                              I love loki halwa so much that i made sure it was on my valima menu!

With Nihari, are you going to keep Naan's? or homemade? also, put the green masala (hari mirchain, dhaniya, lemon, adrak etc).

Please make sure the food doesn't go waste.

Comment

Working...
                              X