Butternut squash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butternut squash

Whenever I go food shopping I always see this thing called butternut squash... and I must admit its unique shape is quite appealing :halo:.... does anyone here know how to make it? I asked the cashier how it tastes like and she said its supposedly sweet but she couldnt give me a recipe for it either..... im so interested in trying it out.... does it suit desi taste buds? How would you cook it? Like a shorba.. like a soup... halva? What???
    it's the heart afraid of dying, that never learns to dance; It's the dream afraid of waking, that never takes the chance; It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give; And the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live.

Re: Butternut squash

Well you can make lots of things with it like:
    - roast it and make soup with it
    - slice it cut it in cubes, sprinkle some olive oil, salt, blk pepper, little bit red chilli for kick and italian seasoning then roast it with other vegetables like onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes.
    - You can make cheese and butternut squah ravioli.
    - You can make bread with it, make a puree, mix it in the bread mixture, and bake it.
    - Oh and you can make halwa too.
    May Allah bring peace in Pakistan. Ameen
    Aray Logo Tumhara Kiya
    Main Jano Mera, Mera Khuda janay-

Comment

omg the ravioli sounds delish!
      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

make halva but its hard work so i hear... neways plzz tell us is u do decide on buying and what u make of it

Comment

Butternut squash is a variety of "kaddu". You can cook it just like you would a kaddu. Pumpkin belongs to the same family so whatever you can do with a pumpkin, you can do with a butternut squash.
          I love pumpkin cheesecake!
          What goes around, will come right back around.....
          ......And bite you in the ass.

Comment

Its great in soups!
            Or even chopped up into thin stick like shape and eaten with a dip. Its got a distinct flavour more like a pumpkin. If u like pumpkin, u'll love this too.
            "Better the devil you know than the angel you don't." Hama Tuma

Comment

Roast it or put it in a soup - tastes great, but is not too strong a flavour

Comment

Working...
              X