color advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

color advice needed

I can't upload the images so can't show the ones I like but basically I'm looking for color scheme advice for the bathroom.
    So far I like citron (looks close to this smiley skin color but lighter --> ) , herb green (like the color of this smileys --> but a little lighter ) and another shade of green/Orange/Yellow that they don't have smiley skin here for. The intesity is medium. Not too light not too strong. How do these colors sound?

Re: color advice needed

Green is supposed to be a very relaxing and soothing color. Citron sounds nice and sunny. I wouldn't go for a bright yellow though but maybe something more buttery. You can actually go to www.Behr.com and choose paint colors and custom create them yourself online. I found a great green shade called Kiwi Squeeze # 450A2.

Comment

citron or however its spelt isnt that colored smiley
      its more of an amber orangish color

Roman you need a good knowledge of colors first.

n that smiley isnt herb green
      its preidot green
      _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _ . _

Comment

If I have understood correctly, the colors you have tried to explain then it sounds like a really cool and soothing combination, I would suggest you stick with it.

Its unique as well to some extent.
        We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

the colours he has described are vomit inducing,but thats not a bad thing
          Romanov it will help when you are back after a heavy night out.. get all that alcohol and pizza out of your system
          May your every wish be granted...
          Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Lighter green mixed with light brown and light blue with a mix of yellow are good combinations. In my experience the shower curtain basically dominates the bathroom color theme ..
            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

try pale yellow for paint and pale blue accessories like bathroom curtains..or accent with pale blue. both colors are uplifting and refreshing....

you can try this as a guide http://home.ivillage.com/decorating/...ndRef=msnwomen
              "Are you Laiiiiike .....Chaaicking me Aoout?"

Comment

Hey Roman, very bright yellows and oranges reflect on the skin so if there are ladies in the house doing makeup in the bathroom mirror they may look jaundiced and turn up doing makeup that is too pink.
                Zara phir say kehna-

Comment

^^^He'll be so lucky

Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Roman, will there be any natural light in the washroom? Like from the window (sunshine), if there is a window?
                    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Thanks all. I greatly appreciate your feedback in confusing me more . My brain is a pulp right now. I went to home depot last night and got couple of catalogs with various bathroom schemes. Those are evil evil publications. It's like if you go by one you'd keep thinking about the other one so you end up not being happy with what you chose either! So. I want to create my own mess.

Here is the herb garden I was talking about. Somehow I can't get the page for the citron ice:

http://homedepot.glidden.com/colors/...tripecardid=41

The issue presently is that the previous owner had master bathroom painted red. It's nice texture with red & white combo with floor, tub, closet etc but it gives me the creeps. I've been using guest room bathroom and it's got light green apple color which looks nice but I want something a bit more intense and vibrant for master bathroom. But shweeto, the combination you described won't look bad at all with the white.

Whatever I choose, should the rugs and curtain be in contrast or shades of paint color? I'm thinking about contrast.

May be I should go with both herb green and citron ice combo. I can see citron ice curtain would be totally cool (ahmadejee bhaijan, that's going by your observation).

Mehnaz, no, it's windowless.

sooraj mukhi, that was good tip. Doesn't apply to me though

Comment

roman herb garden looks too minty. I don;t like mint color. Thank God I won;t ever have to see ur bathroom.

Comment

actually that citron is such a pretty colour, a lovley limey green. Check it out at the link that Saima gave. ye dekho mera kamal

Comment

herb garden is REALLLY BRIGHT

ive been in a room that colour and its not nice to be in a room that..not a comfortable space
                            I wouldnt to paint a small space that colour
                            Ancient chinese curse

Comment

what colour are the wash basin etc
                              Ancient chinese curse

Comment

Working...
                              X