X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recipe needed for pai

Has anyone here ever made pai? Please could you share the recipe

Re: recipe needed for pai

I made pai today. I spent 4 hours making it and it turned out awful. It was too salty, the meat looked like slime. Hubby refused to eat it. I feel like cry ing.
    This is how i made it, please could any experts on making pai tell me where i went wrong with it.

First i put about 7 pai (chopped up in pieces) in stockpot with plenty of water with sabut masala, and 2tsp salt. Boiled it for 3 hours. After 3 hours, i fried 2 onions, 1 whole garlic pod, and ginger piece in ghee. When brown, i blended them with 4 small tomatoes in blender to make a paste. I put mixture back in pan of oil, fried for a bit, then added 1tbsp chilli powder and 1 tbsp salt. I kept stirring till mixture went brown, and oil released, then added cooked pai. Mixed for 10 mins then added 1tbsp dhania pwder. Ikept stirring till oil came out of the sides, then i added 6 cups of paya yakhni from stockpot. Sprinked some corriander leaves and 1tsp garam masala, brought to boil then i let it simmer for half an hour. I don't know where i went wrong with this. Had to throw whole lot away and get takeaway.

Comment

Re: recipe needed for pai

Alright I dont know what went wrong, but this is how I make the payas without shaan masala

6 payas,
      1 small piyaz
      1 whole garlic
      corriender powder 1tsp heaped
      salt to taste (I put less salt in the beginning, it can be fixed later)
      Put all of these in a pressure cooker with 2 glass of water. Cook for 30-45 min or until the payaz are tender.

Bhoonafy the masala with the payas. when the oil has seperated add laal mirch 1-1/2 tsp + garam masala 1 tsp. Bhoonafy again for 1 min
      add water.
      bring to boil.
      there you go.
      The best loved by God are those that are rich, yet have the humility of the poor, and those that are poor and have the magnanimity of the rich.

Saadi Sherazi

Comment

Working...
      X