How do you make chicken salan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you make chicken salan?

I really need a nice recipe for chicken salan please. One with lots of gravy to dip roti into. Thanks. I'm not good at cooking desi dishes so please could you put details into recipe, ie. quantities and how long to cook at certain stages.

Re: How do you make chicken salan?

Chicken salan
    • Take 2 large onions and fry until brown
    • Add 3/4 sp each of lassan adrak and mix
    • Blend fried onions in blender with less than 1/2 glass water and put mixture back in pot
    • Put oven to medium and add 2 frozen or fresh tomatoes, 1sp salt, 1 and quarter sp of red mirchay (if you want somewhat spicy), pinch of haldi, 1/2 sp of sooka dunya and little vinegar
    • Mix and cook for a while. Add cinnamon sticks and loong for flavor (optional).
    • Add chicken and mix. Cook at med/hi
    • When mixture somewhat drying up, mix (bhoon) chicken well until oil comes to top and masala sticksAdd enough water to cover chicken (little more than amount of gravy you want) and cook at med/hi for 5-10 minutes

Comment

Thanks for recipe. How much oil should i use in this salan? Really appreciate you writing out this recipe for me

Comment

Ummm I don't really measure out the oil but it should be enough to let the onions fry in....it should just about cover the bottom of the pot

Comment

thanks!

Comment

I made the chicken salan last night and it was awsome!
            Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
            X