X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knitting

I need to learn how to knit.

So, where do I start?

I have make stuff for a baby ... something special. I've been asked to make little booties or the receiving blanket. The problem is, the last time I knitted anything, I was 10 years old. So I need to re-learn and nobody I know actually knows how to knit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Re: Knitting

mehnaz i know a lil bit of knitting ....means just simple one ...no complex patterns ....but i've no idea how to explain it online !!!

Comment

You old granny.

Comment

wow.. uve gone from a single woman to grand mom in one gigantic leap

i would say try googling... no way anyone can explain it all out to u...
        or buy books!
        standing alone on a street of broken dreams

Comment

I'm a single grand mom then Khawa.

Nah, I've just been asked to make something for the baby. Why can't I just buy something? No, it needs to be something that the baby will cherish and will someday personal heirloom that will be passed down .... .

I guess I will have to find steps online.
          Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

There are few ways you can learn knitting. Either you can borrow some books from the library or you can purchase a book from zellers, walmart, lewiscraft or michaels. Michaels, do offer classes in knitting so you might want to attend one. Personally, i couldn't learn any of that stuff by looking at those books

Here's a link to Michael's baby section of knitting that contain instructions to some knitting projects.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/s...4&pageNumber=1

Maybe, you might like or understand something.

I don't know about others but my mom finds its easier to do crochet instead of knitting..she uses the same wool though.

If i had to make something personally..i would have opted for sewing instead of knitting because sewing appears easier to me than knitting..but then, its just me. Maybe, you can just buy some quilted baby fabric or fleece fabric..and make the blanket by stitching four corners. You can even add some nice borders to that blanket. Don't you think its much easier? Or how about stitch a tiny unisex clothing..you can even get cute stick-ons for the dress that you can iron on. For stitching ideas you can visit fabric land or the above mentioned stores or library

Good Luck!

Comment

Michaels has these packages called " Teach Yourself to Knit" and "Teach yourself to Crochet". You get a book and different sized needles in the pack.....
              22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

ooo that is true Qrius... crocheting is soooo much more easier than knitting... i can make so much more out of crochet work .... handling those 2 darn long needles is just :cuckoo:
                standing alone on a street of broken dreams

Comment

My stepmum used to crochet a lot......when I was feeling particularly spiteful I would take great pleasure in unravelling a whole load of crochet. She never did figure out why her scarf never got any longer.

Comment

Working...
                  X