drying fresh flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drying fresh flowers

it's spring! :rotato: which means lots and lots of flowers and pretty leaves. so i was wondering, what is the best (and easiest and most convenient) way to dry flowers such as lilacs and leaves like red maple. there is a lot of info on :google: about air drying, so i was wondering if it is the best way or not?
    \_o_ Guiltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
    -\_/|
    -/-\ -
    and then Buffy staked Edward and the Winchesters SAWED OFF HIS SPARKLY HEAD WITH A MACHETE and set him on fire to finish it. The End.

Re: drying fresh flowers

The way I dry flowers is make a Bouquet, tie some string around it and hang it upside down in the garage. Away from the light.

Not sure about leaves, I reckon you can press them in a book.

Comment

The best way to dry leaves is to press them in a heavy book (a phone book works well). This helps not only dries them out, but helps them maintain their shape.
      22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

Originally posted by belle
        The way I dry flowers is make a Bouquet, tie some string around it and hang it upside down in the garage. Away from the light.

I do the same way to dry them but before hanging them upside down I spray them with hair setting spray and that gives much better look.
        There is always a moral in every story

Comment

i have always used the pressed method..i press them in heavy books.

Comment

great suggestions!

Comment

thanks guys for the suggestions. if u have any more, keep em coming

right now im hanging lilacs and some other small white flowers (that smell like honey and apples) in my bro's almari, since he doesn't really use it that much (and it might deodarize). i didn't spray them with hairspray before though? think it would be too late right now?

i'm also pressing some red maple leaves in some of the heaviest books i could find. except i put some paper between the books.

oh and also, after the hanging method, how do you think the colors will turn out? i really want the white flowers to stay white
              \_o_ Guiltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
              -\_/|
              -/-\ -
              and then Buffy staked Edward and the Winchesters SAWED OFF HIS SPARKLY HEAD WITH A MACHETE and set him on fire to finish it. The End.

Comment

Originally posted by belle

I do the same with flower Bouqutes ..but I hang em in my room even out in balcony in light ..
                "Hold the hand of the person whom you love rather than expecting them to hold urs "

Comment

Working...
                X