Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs

I want to try them. I've already bought the full portion. The first task is to cut it. Right now its in a circle shape, taking up a lot of space. How is it cut? And how should I marinate it? I want that hot red colour when its done, it has to be perfect the first time as a lot of focus is on the poor thing at the moment

Re: Ribs

r u talking about chaanp/chaamp...??? i'm confused how u got them in circle ......did u buy the whole rib cage ,....????

khayr ....i dunno the cutting part ....but i marinate them in a bit youghurt with sal;t...red chillies ....black peppe ....cumin ....n then paprika powder for that rich red colour

marinate for sometime....then cook on slow flame till a bit tender ....

next step ....its ur choice ...if u wanna fry ....beat an egg ...add some salt n pepper ....a bit of ground ginger ....dip the rib in it n fry

if you want to bake .....place it in the oven n bake

u might like to roll it in bread crumbs after dipping in egg (for fried ones) but it looks/feels that commercially available ones ....i don't like them.....i prefer the slight crispy look with eggs

hope it helps....!!!

Comment

I also make chaampa like that, I marinate in my favorite masalas and let it sit for a while, then cook on low flame till tender in a pan, add a bit of water towards the end and cover till cooked.

Comment

No not the chaanp, I make the best chaanp poori duniya meiN

I mean the ribs, chaanp is in the back, close to the backbone, right? I'm talking about the front, I guess. They're pretty popular in Dk. I don't just want any kind of marinate, I want the right colour, shinny dark red.

Comment

My dad makes the best BBQ ribs. Well first off, the best way to make ribs is to grill them. Preferably over charcoal, but incase you do not have a grill you can bake them. Itís a two part thing , there is the rub that your marinate the ribs with and than towards the end of the cooking process brush on a sauce (thatís where the red glossy color comes from). I can ask my mom for the ingredients; donít know any desi ways to make ribs though.

If you plan on BBQing than you grill the whole rack, and when itís done cut it into so that per person they get Ĺ pound of ribs.

It takes a good 2 hours to marinate and 3 hours to cook.

Comment

Belle, recipe please

Comment

Beef or pork?

Comment

^ fish
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

sabah, lets just say that aside from the marinade, the most importantthing is how you cook them, best ribs are cooked (well actually smoked) over a 6-8 hour period on low heat.
                  very tender meat after that.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

This is the recipe for the dry rub, depending on how big and meaty the ribs are that is how much rub you use. This recipe will yield about 2 cups, if you have any left over you can just store it in a jar. You want to marinate both sides and leave it overnight or for several hours.

Dry Rub

1/2 cup paprika
                    1/4 cup salt
                    3 tablespoons onion powder
                    3 tablespoons chili powder
                    2 tablespoons cumin
                    2 tablespoons black pepper
                    2 teaspoons dried garlic powder
                    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

The temperature of the charcoals should be 350 degrees. Spray the grill with some oil ( PAM) or if you do not have the oil spray, where you live than butter the grill. Place the ribs on the hot grill, bone side down, and grill until that side is sizzling and golden brown, about 40 minutes. Turn the ribs and grill meat side down until that side is golden brown, about 30 minutes longer. When fully cooked, the ribs will be nicely browned and tender enough to pull apart with your fingers.

About 5 minutes before your ready to take the ribs off the grill, you can either use the recipe below or substitute it with your favorite BBQ sauce, brush the ribs with it. Do not let the sauce dry out though by cooking for two long, that is why you brush it on the end so the ribs are not dry but has that glossy look and are not dry but tender.

Basting Sauce
                    1 can tomato sauce
                    1 can tomato paste
                    2 tablespoons brown sugar
                    2 tablespoons vinegar
                    2 tablespoons olive oil
                    3 cloves garlic crushed
                    4 tablespoons minced onion
                    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
                    1 teaspoon dry mustard
                    1 teaspoon paprika
                    fresh ground pepper to taste

Cook minced onion and garlic in olive oil until onions turns brown. Add remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly and allow to simmer 20 minutes.

Good luck, I hope I haven't confused you.

Comment

Thanks Belle, this looks quite simple. I'm going to try this very soon, Insha Allah

Kamal bhai, how do you smoke meat?

Comment

^^ give it a cigarette
                        Mill ke sab matam-e-shabbir karo..

Comment

Originally posted by sabah
                          Thanks Belle, this looks quite simple. I'm going to try this very soon, Insha Allah

Kamal bhai, how do you smoke meat?

get a smokestack..its a closed grill where the meat is cooked with indirect heat and from smoke of some choice wood..hickory is my personal fav, mesquite is good also. other generally used ones are applewood, walnut and alder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem Saab
                            ^^ give it a cigarette
                            no u just roll it in a joint.

Comment

^^
                              Mill ke sab matam-e-shabbir karo..

Comment

Working...
                              X