Watch out…Men in kitchen…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out…Men in kitchen…

The new trend is for more and more men taking charge of the kitchen…for some reason they seem to be pretty darn good at it. Especially for big boys many tiny girls don’t have an idea of how to feed the carnivores. Harris is demanding 180 grams of protein plus lots of veggies and carbs so I am putting new twists on old classics. Added green lentils to biryani, did spinach chicken curry. If ladies want to contribute to the thread, they are welcome. Boys new favourite is smash burgers.
    Attached Files

Looking good. Reminds me I need to cook tonight.
    Also, I think 180g of protein isn't a good idea for your kiddo and it's especially not good for his kidneys. Tone it down if possible. Don't undermine complex carbs/healthy fats-they give off plenty of energy for workouts. 1g carb/protein=4 calories. 1g fat=9calories. If you know then you know.

"Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmere View Post
      Looking good. Reminds me I need to cook tonight.
      Also, I think 180g of protein isn't a good idea for your kiddo and it's especially not good for his kidneys. Tone it down if possible. Don't undermine complex carbs/healthy fats-they give off plenty of energy for workouts. 1g carb/protein=4 calories. 1g fat=9calories. If you know then you know.

He is saying he needs 1 gram per lbs body weight as he lifts a lot, his arms are becoming like trunks. He is 180lbs at 6-2 right now. They needed around 8k calories when they were competing, not any more. The website kind of says the same. I eat a lot of protein also and so far everything is good. He is super conscious of his nutrition and will not put anything unhealthy in his mouth. I was not happy with Protein shakes, he has stopped taking that now. He eats a super big breakfast. Was eating 6 eggs, turkey bacon veggies and hash brown and I had to fight to limit it to 2 eggs and egg whites. When I make biryani, pasta, curry for them, I triple the meat and use little rice/pasta. I just got him pasta made with chick peas and lentils, has 23 grams of protein per serving, put Tuna n shrimp in it.

Are you using air fryer and instapot? I cook my curries in the oven on a timer and allows me to go to gym while food is in the oven. Makes life easy.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...rotein-per-day

Comment

This is his smash burger, almost 1lbs meat to it.
        F0049448-DD67-4815-BE35-F27564F537F9.jpg

Comment

Awesome blossoms! Can't imagine the work associated with meeting the daily dietary needs. 8k, wow. Reminds me how we always had team dinners the night before our tennis match because complex carb energy releases slower.
          "Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmere View Post
            Awesome blossoms! Can't imagine the work associated with meeting the daily dietary needs. 8k, wow. Reminds me how we always had team dinners the night before our tennis match because complex carb energy releases slower.
            Yeah!!! We used to start carb loading them the night before, they could kayak 30/40 k in a day during camp. Life is interesting though, I wanted to make Safy an athlete and an Engineer and here he is coming back home as a hip-hop artist. I let them find their own path. I was the designated cook for the team...Cooked for 40 of them in one training camp

https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.18172-8/14715514_10209899420017436_113163349853830529_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=znNFKWcW7b0AX_9XwTU&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=00_AT-m2uEMN8EBahfxxQBjK3T3R9j7fRLdXUbAd7GRYI9DBQ&oe=62449B04
            https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.18172-8/14753869_10209899413217266_1945740359811428604_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=S00kzdF6YlkAX-DKIdM&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc3-1.fna&oh=00_AT8joGES9VjIlRT1tMZNJlGxPtFCoI9iZDrmX1B4Fs3Xpg&oe=6241B222

Comment

you are a good cook!
              Last edited by Pakistani Prince; Mar 1, 2022, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Kebab day, meat and spinach mushroom pasta steak wraps, also biryani from last night

Cats like to escape when I bbq, Kelso got killed by coyotes, there is a river n forest behind the house I go to cook in.
                Attached Files

Comment

Harris enjoying steak wraps
                  Attached Files
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

D4BDB593-095E-4C47-87D4-FD1BA4D974A4.jpg Making seafood biryani with oysters clams salmon shrimps and peppers
                    Also roast beef with root vegetables, potato turnip carrot yams.
                    will go to gym after putting in oven with the timer. Technology is my life saver

Comment

DD001AB8-988E-4ADE-9EC5-5E4F9DA1A647.jpg B

biryanni all done, so yummy

Comment

Working...
                      X