What your baba did that was awesome: A thankyou list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What your baba did that was awesome: A thankyou list

• Baba could seriously look into the future. Many steps he took in life in anticipation of changing times and his moves were mostly right on the money. I too inherited some of this from him but not as much as I would have liked.
    • Baba could never see any difference between rich and poor. He used to hang with his old friend who was a chauffeur at the company where he was a managing director. Probably not good for his image but meh.
    • Baba helped random strangers on the road whenever he could. Probably because this one time long ago as an angry youngin' he fell on the street nauseated and someone pulled over to help him and take him to a clinic and such. He then started doing the same. This has since been transferred over into me and consequentially two nephews who had to endure growing up with me.
    Sincerely,
    Captain Lota
    Last edited by Captain Lota; Sep 18, 2020, 12:21 AM.
    Kisee akeli shaam ki chup may, geet puraanay gaa kay dekho

^ Thats very sweet. and its a beautiful topic.

I miss my father a lot. We called him "Abbi". He was an exemplary down-to-earth, courteous and easy going person. Always serving others, not taking anyone's services. Never heard his loud voice. Even his rare anger was so polite. Best of all, he loved my mom so much and did whatever possible to keep her happy.

I'm going to continue my list here moving forward.. sigh
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

• Never seen Abbu raising his voice over Ammi even when he was upset at something. I have learned self control, staying cool and staying polite from him.
      • He helped lot of people financially, without anyone knowing. Relatives, non relatives, workers at home, people he deal with in daily life. He paid for the education of 4 kids of our maid/helper in Pakistan from grade 1 to college without anyone knowing about it (other than ammi and us siblings). That included their school/college fee, uniform and all school supplies and his time (he helped those kids with Math tuition and ammi helped them with English tuition). Abbu passed away this year and only after that we came to know about many people who he just helped randomly and never asked for money back.
      • Abbu retired from senior management from an airline around 20 years ago. Never bragged about it. Always humble. you would find him, sitting at sabzi wala shop, enjoying tea with him, or some other laundry shop, enjoying samosa snack with them because he knew these guys from 15-20 years. He never gave a hoot about "loog kia socheen gai". He lived his life the way he wanted to and he thought was right.

He just was not one of those char that our society/media portray as husband/man/neighbor/father/uncle etc. May be we were just lucky to have him and he was a rare breed.
      Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
      Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

Baba:
        - Always worked his whole life to provide comfortable life for all of us. Put his family first before anyone and anything.
        - There are many times we don't see eye to eye..but i always respect him for he has always stood for all of us.
        - Supported in my worst of times..and always gave me word of courage and wisdom.
        - I will anything and everything take care of him and get his dua'n as he is nearing in his 70s..
        "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
        Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
        By Royal Gala

Comment

Working...
        X