Leg roast of Lamb recipe needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg roast of Lamb recipe needed

ok this is my next project, now all i need is a good working recipe, i would be making it desi style with onions, garlic etc etc. can anyone help me with this, or any advice will be most welcome. thanks

do u want a drier roast or something more moist? and are u doing a whole leg? or pieces.

I have multiple recipes for leg of lamb. will give u the appropriate one. dont want to type all..or may get carpel tunnel syndrome
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Fraudia, i want it moist, and with gravy, and yes it will be whole lamb leg.
      Thanks

Comment

*slurp* Yummy!

Comment

Roast Leg of Lamb with Herbs

INGREDIENTS

1 (5 pound) leg of lamb
          3 tablespoons lemon juice
          2 tablespoons chopped parsley
          2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
          2 tablespoons olive oil
          1 tablespoon minced garlic
          1 teaspoon paprika
          1/2 teaspoon crushed or crumbled dried bay leaves
          1/2 teaspoon pepper
          Salt { to taste}

METHOD

1} Rinse lamb and pat dry; trim off and discard excess surface fat.

2} In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, parsley, mint, olive oil, garlic, paprika, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Rub all over lamb.

3} Set lamb on a rack in an 11- by 17-inch pan. Roast in a 375 degrees F regular or convection oven until a thermometer inserted through thickest part of meat to the bone registers 140 degrees F for medium-rare, about 1 1/2 hours, or 150 degrees F for medium, about 1 3/4 hours. If drippings begin to burn, pour water into pan, 1/4 cup at a time, as needed.

4} Transfer lamb to a rimmed board or platter and, keeping it warm, let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Slice meat from the bone to serve. Add salt and pepper to taste.

P.s "Prepare through to step 2 up to 1 day ahead; cover lamb and chill. "

btw prince this recipe yields 8 servings, i'm sure u worked that out by the weight of the lamb {leg}, as its for ur project u'll have to probably cut it down or if u have 8 ppl willing to eat it when made then make 5 pounds of it no probs', all the best!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks for the recipe, that is very similar to what i already had, but thanks anyways and i am still waiting for fraudia's recipe.

Comment

Here's one that a little unusual but tastes fantastic.It's originally a recipe for ham but works using a leg of lamb too.

LAMB IN COCA COLA

Preheat your oven to 240C/gas mark 9. Place the lamb in a large roasting tin (you need one that you can place directly onto your stove) and cut an onion in half and rest the meat on top of the onion. Then pour over at least a 2 litre bottle of cola, you might need more depending on the size of the lamb leg. Bring it all to the boil and reduce to a quick simmer. Cover loosely with a lid or foil and leave to simmer away for around an hour.

After an hour, remove the lamb and place on a baking tray. Press cloves into the meat about an inch apart. Add a tablespoon of treacle and 2 spoons of sugar to the cola juices in the roasting pan, remove the onion halves and reduce untill you end up with a sticky gooey mess. Pour this over the lamb and cook it in the ovem for around 20 minutes.

Comment

now thats an interesting way of making it, so far i have only used coke as a substitute for caramel.

Comment

shehzada

sorry bro, been busy, will have the recipe out to you later this afternoon, once i get out of meetings.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Here you go

1/2lb boneless leg of lamb
                    4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
                    11 oz Natural Yoghurt
                    3 tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped
                    2 tbsp Fresh Coriander, chopped
                    2 tbsp Olive Oil
                    Salt and Black Pepper
                    2 tbsp cinnamon

Make deep cuts all over the joint and push the garlic slivers and cinnamon into the cuts.
                    Mix yogurt, mint, coriander, oil, salt and pepper.
                    Place the leg of lamb in a roasting tin and pour over the yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
                    Preheat the oven to 350F.
                    Roast the lamb in the oven for 2-2.5 hours. (moist 2 hrs, dry 2.5 hrs)

Comment

Sounds yummy Fraudz.

Okay stupid question I know, but how can you get a whole leg of lamb thats boneless? Or does the butcher have to remove it for you?

Comment

i am confused about the boneless part as well, ok suppose it is with bone, do i have to cover it while roasting, as i dont want to make it too dry by not covering.

thanks for the recipe tho, will cook this in a week or two for sure.

Comment

the butcher can de-bone it for u, makes it easier to serve and all, so personal preference. if i like to do a whole leg bone and all then thats okay as well.

remember the key to this is medium heat, longer duration.

Comment

aray haan bhai how did it go?

Comment

lol, it was good, i made that a week after my post, i actually used that spring lamb you get in supermarkets the halal kind, anyways it turned out amazing, i was surprised how moist and juicy it was. but now i am thinking sara kamaal new zealand ke lamb ka hai rather then my cooking. i never had that kind of lamb roast in pak.

Comment

Working...
                              X