• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roti

made from the atta(flour) of corn ...

any one?

Thanks in advance

do u want the recipe?

for about 10 rotis, use 2-3 cups of atta.. put one spoon of salt, add water while u mix it with one hand (make sure it doesnt get too sloppy.. i generally use a 2 cup jug) once u think its got enuff water, kneed it around a bit and add about 2 spoons of oil..

to be continued...

Comment

to make the paire (depending on how big u want ur rotis), put the atta in ur hand and make it into a round ball. Pat it in the dry atta so it looks like a flat ball. Stretch it out abit with ur hands and place on bench or one of those flat boards.. and stretch it out (round.. this is the part i fail at) with the rolling pin (make sure its not toooo thin)..

Comment

then pick it up and do that throwy thing from one hand to another.. this evens out the roti.. then put it on the thava and after maybe 20 seconds or so flip it to the other side, it should be half cooked on one side by now, not fully cooked.. (in the meantime start the next pehra).. after awhile flip the roti over so one side is totally cooked..

Comment

when u flip it over, get a kapra and pat the side that cooked.. the roti should start to rise (make sure u dont press too hard and not too lighty either).. keep moving the roti around.. and wahla! its all done, dont have the heat too high, it shounldt be too hot otherwise the roti wont get cooked properly, if its too low then it'll turn out like pappar

Comment

sadzzz done a good job Here's an older thread where we all shared our roti making talents :-D

http://www.gupistan.com/forums/showt...threadid=76036
            Save Pakistan.

Comment

sigh..making nice round rotis...is an art...some have it...and some like me...just dont

its ok tho...i live right next to a tandoor shop

Comment

^^ is there anyway we can block a certain guppy's posts related to food??

Comment

haye gol gol rotiaaN kabhi gol nahiN banteieN .
                  "He will provide for you a light wherein you will walk, and will grant you forgiveness. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."
                  (Surah Al-Hadid)

Comment

Corn? You asking for makki ki roti right? I know how to make it although can't make them round :-/
                    We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Originally posted by fantastic1:
                      Corn? You asking for makki ki roti right? I know how to make it although can't make them round :-/
                      Fanta I use a plate to cut it round.
                      Its cheating in roti business but works for me

Fanta: huzzz

Comment

^ haha thanks for the idea
                        "He will provide for you a light wherein you will walk, and will grant you forgiveness. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."
                        (Surah Al-Hadid)

Comment

Thanks all especially sadzz but fanta is right i want the recipe of "makki ki roti " ..... is it the same way as making a normal roti?

Comment

I've learned the art of making round roti's

I hardly ever mess them up these days, practice makes perfect :-p
                            "... te hun gall aithe mukdi!"

Comment

Hmmm.......

Do u guys prefer to make roti with hard or soft dough of atta...staright out of fridge or freshly doughed...
                              *sigh*
                              i prefer hard dough cuz then the roti's are easy to rounden and flip - however,my mum prefers softer dough,and she makes 'em perfect! but my problem with that is, the rotiyaan are sort of nosey shaped and hard or holes in'em! aaargh!

Whatya reckon?

Comment

Working...
                              X