Am I going bald?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I going bald?

My hair falls out quite a bit whenever I travel and whenever else I use a new product, which is quite a problem since I do travel at least once a year (and for a while each time) and as much as I hate it I often have to go to the hairdressers to style it when I'm going for someone's occasion. I've always had unusually thick hair when I was younger, but now it's pretty thin. What methods would you suggest to stop my hair from falling out and to stimulate hair growth? Thanks in advance.

try putting oil in it a few hours before you wash it.. ive got extremely thick hair but i went thru a stage where a handfull would fall out everytime i showered... ive been using oil now and its gotten quite thick again... other natural products u could try are eggs and yoghurt..

Comment

Have you got any actual bald patches on your scalp or is it just thinning generally?

Best thing I've ever come across to stimulate hair growth is Kelp tablets, it's rescued quite a few bad hair cuts in my day. Don't take it if you have thyroid problems though.

Comment

Thanks sadzzz, I'd love to know what kind of oil you used so I can try that soon.

shahreen, I think I might decide to pick up the Kelp tablets tomorrow or something, I looked it up and discovered it also helps increase metabolism ... which is great. Thanks.

Comment

that sounds interesting... are there any side affects to the kelp tablets?? (by the way, regular exercise also helps metabolism... my experience... off topic!)

zulaykha.. i will ask my cousins tonight, Inshallah

Comment

- posted twice -

Comment

I don't know ... I planned to look it up later. And - regular exercise just takes way too much effort. (I just went through the smileys for the first time!) I'm known to procrastinate a lot when it comes to strenous things. Is there anything else that can help metabolism that doesn't require much movement? (Now I'm going off-topic.)

Oh yeah, no I don't have actual bald patches on my scalp. It's getting noticeably thin though, so I'm getting pretty freaked out.

Comment

Kelp does stimulate the metabolism but to tell the truth, I've never known of anyone losing weight just through taking the tablets. Sorry.

Comment

http://www.hindustanlink.com/beautytex/haircare.htm

This article should be helpful. Good luck. My hair used to be really thick and shiny and curly. Somewhere along the way it started falling and started straightening out and losing its shine. Try to shampoo less and pick up a herbal shampoo that suits your hair type. I have dry hair so I put egg and almond oil in my shampoo. After just one use my hair's shiny and feels softer. I like this better than putting on oil after shampooing (I always used to put on a bit after that before) because the shampoo breaks the oil up into tiny little globules and those stick to your hair everywhere, including your scalp. Which is good. But you should also massage with oil (I use almond) often before shampooing and the longer you leave it on, the better.

Comment

Sarah Splendor, that's a great article, thank you. I'm using a shampoo by Rene Furterer now, and it's the first that's really suited me. My hair isn't so dry, but sometimes when I've blow dried too much it gets a tad frizzy so I have to use St. Ives Hair Repair No Frizz serum to get rid of the flyaways and what not. My mom bought me almond oil but I've never used it, I'll be sure to try that out though.

shahreen, I went to GNC and bought Kelp already - so, I'm meant to take one of these tablets every morning?

Comment

Depends on the strength you bought. How many mgs are they per tablet?

Oh and I usually take supplements etc at night, as that's when your body goes into 'repair' mode.

Comment

I usually avoid taking tablets at night as my body goes into "action" mode.

Comment

It's not classed as action if you're alone.

Comment

FG I thought you needed a pill to make your body go into action?!?!?!

Comment

Heh

shahreen, each pill is 150 mcg.

Comment

Working...
                              X