perming hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perming hair

humm......i want to perm my hair......has any one tried it before......do you think it is a goood idea.....

I think that perming isnt very good for the hair as it does some damage to the structure of the hair, well if not done professionally. Otherwise isnt this quite out of fashion for now a days ?!!

Comment

I've always wanted to perm my hair; it's straight and every time I try to style it (add ringlets to the bottom *or all of it which rarely happens* like I usually prefer to do for parties, or style it the straight-crinkly-curly way) it loses the curls in less than a few hours. I planned to do it this month but my hair is still recovering from a series of highlight jobs and a drastic weather change.

Back to perming - there are a lot of ways to do this without damaging the hair (but of course you've got to be willing to spend a lot more than you usually would at a normal hairdresser). My stylist tells me that it depends on the chemicals used (which also varies by price according to quality and what not) and on the quality of your hair. Whatever the case - I don't think it's a bad idea to perm your hair as long as you do it with a professional. I've seen quite a few people who've had it done and have gorgeous healthy-looking hair.

Comment

I've tried perms! they looked really good and i mean really good for the first 2 weeks and after that they were a disaster, my hair got really really dry and rough, and i had to really really condition them, and put a lot of gel in them to actually define the curls, so curls are high maintenance, just remember that, if you can't maintain them, don't get them done cuz they'll ruin ur hair i had fun with them too, and it was a diff look, it took me 1 yr to get rid of the stupid curls, and now i have my straight hair back and ....... i am lovin it

and yeah mine cost quite a lot cuz i got em done from this good salon, so expect a big bill
        main nay apnay iradoon ke shikasat say khuda ko pehchana hai (hazrat Ali)

Comment

^ yeah so true... ive got natural curls and they do require a lot of care.. u need to condition ur hair, and most likely need to put in a leave in moisturiser/conditioner once u come out of the shower... and sometimes also need to put in 'fix my frizz' stuff in... there are heaps of products out there but it takes a lifetime to actually find one that suits u! but go curls!!

Comment

sadzz! you got curls ? the pic that I have seen of u, in that your hair were quite infact all straight. hehe maybe I am mistaken, but anyway... the thing is I too have natural curls and its quite alot of work to keep hair in good condition as I need to wash hair everyday, otherwise my hair get all dry and rough, and I specially love shinny hair, now I have given up the idea of getting straight hair as I know that this might not suit me so much, as I got my hair blown straight and its just isnt me, so I am happy with my curls, only its lots of work to get them untangled and to keep them shinng, but curls are great, if looking fresh and shinny!

Comment

Hey SaadiaB... in that pic i had my hair straightened .. but naturally its quite curly.. and like urself, i prefer curly hair more than straight.. u wash urs everyday? u know what.. u should use a hair serum (like frizz ease or fix my curls) to keep them shiny.. i put some of it on after i wash my hair.. another one is clinque's curl cream. i'll find out the name

Comment

its called 'Define Curls' by Clinique.. check it out.. i havent used it in awhile but my friend whose got ringlets said it was really good for her hair... i think it work best on thin hair.. mines just three mops put into one..

Comment

I have used some products for my hair but only the very expensive ones suit me.. :-/

so I have these professional products, only I don't use it too often, just a mild shampoo and some other stuff.

but thanks for the info, might try the clinique one.

Comment

really? which ones are u usuing? ive gone thru practically all curl products.. and finally settled on this new stuff called RPR.. but i find that all products are good for maybe a few months and then you need a change...

Comment

sadzz, i am bad at remembering names for long time, but these were products, that I got from my hairsalon, mostly brands that they themselves use on their customers, some german brands and some others, I will have to look at the names again, but one is the revlon hair product, its a conditioner, that you put and leave on hair after washing, other is a volume mousse from Goldwell, and some different brand and shampoos, all in all for different purposes and occassions.

Comment

oh kewl.. yeah i usually just get the stuff my hairdresser tells me too.. previously i used to use this De Lorenzo moisturiser stuff.. but it was way too heavy for my hair... but this RMR stuff is really good

Comment

well, i think perming is not the best idia,.i like my hair type, its straight from the front and wavy tips,., but whenever i want curls i use pantene pro-v volume mousse and use fingertips for volumenize., on occasions i use electric rod sometimes or use fon. and it works great! buy a piastra kit and use it by ur choice ,that kit has normaly three plates,.,use them occasionally coz if u use every day it hurts the hair,
                          in this way u enjoy many styles,.,

Comment

take mine

Comment

Working...
                            X