100% Natural, pH 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Natural, pH 7

I'm looking for a soap that's 100% pure (no chemicals, no sodium laureth sulfate, alcohol or any other harmful chemicals) and that has a pH of 7. Any ideas? It has to be mild.

Dove is pH 7. Don't know about the additives.
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Comment

Try washing with plain aqueous cream instead of soap. Bit messy but leaves your skin soft and very moisturised.

Comment

Yeah Dove does have a pH of 7 but it has a ton of additives:

Dove® White Beauty Bar Ingredients: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Coconut Acid, Solium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Palm Kernelate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Shahreen I read somewhere that aqueus cream contains mineral oil, which blocks pores.

Any other ideas?

I want something that is fragrance free too. thanks

Comment

I think Ivory soap doesnt have many extra ingredients but it has a pH of 9 or something plus fragrance

I'm trying to stay away from all those chemicals with a ton of side effects that aren't good for you. Yeah it's just soap but I read somewhere that everything you apply on your skin, 60% of it gets absorbed into you.

Comment

Johnson&Johnson used to have a pH7 face and body soap (and face creams etc). Dont know if they still carry them or not. They were fragrance-free too.
            I love children and old people. Its everyone in between I can't stand - Don Imus

Comment

Sarah, you're right about the mineral oils thing but you can get aqueous without any of that in. I'll find out the proper name of it for you.

Comment

lifebuoy

Comment

Actually your skin has a mildly acid pH ...
                  so you really want a soap with a pH of about 5.5 - 6!

Best of all to use on the skin is besan
                  Next best is simple white soap. I was told Ivory is good but I've never used it. There must be many very simple and fairly mild soaps around,. But don't overdo it, all soaps are drying.

Comment

my mums friend (a chemist) told me to use normal soap to scrub pots

obviously i stayed away from it since then, face wipes arent much better im still looking

Comment

I got his Medicated Soap, called Neutra Soft, for dry and sensitive skin from a medical store in Pakistan. Seems quite good for me.

Contains, moisturiser, mineral oil, vegetable oil and high, matty acids & arachis oil. Cost about Rs. 80.

Comment

Just been catching up on my backpile of magazines, and notice that quite a few dermatologists recommend Aveno Moisturing Bar for Dry Skin, it's soap free and contains oatmeal which calms dry and itchy skin.

Comment

I once heard grandmother and a Sikh aunty talk about how Reetha was used to wash skin, hair, linen and even cutlery in the olden days back in villages in the Subcontinent and how all the chemicals shemicals are the reason girls these days are not as good-looking as they were in their days…

Reading this thread reminded me of Reetha so I did some searching on the net and found that it is called soap-nut in English. You might want to try that.

Comment

Working...
                          X