Oil stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil stains

Anybody know how I can get them out? It's annoying because so many of my good outfits have been ruined by oil.Is there any way to get them out?
    "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

dry clean em..sooner the better..if u let them sit around with oil stains for too long, then its a lost cause.
    one trick that my mum used on oil stains was that until she got it to teh cleaners she would put talcum powder on the stain, thepowder just sucks the oil out.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Thank you Fraudz.The thing is Iv got some outfits sitting there -ruined because of the oil stains.So nothing can be done for them? Sigh.

I guess I should start using an apron when I cook.

Comment

Try the powder thing, MQ. It actually works. I've tried it on some of my best clothes (yes, I'm a big klutz). Turn the clothes inside out, sprinkle talcum/baby powder on them, cover with a towel or sheet and then iron over that to aid in the absorption. Might take some time, but it does work fairly well.

Comment

Another recommenation for the talc thing.

Comment

Try the new detergent called "Blow-away stains" by a young entreprenuer named Monica Lewinsky.

Comment

what if dress is dry cleaned and the ink stains are still not coming out. any ideas?
              - I swear to drunk I am not God :-/

Comment

Get a new dress

Comment

But its my favourite dress!
                  - I swear to drunk I am not God :-/

Comment

MQ: stop cooking, you KHALA!

:-p

Comment

cb Im not a khala.Not yet anyway.And I do cook when Im in the mood. I just tend to ruin my outfits while at it.

Comment

Corn starch works better than talcum powder. Rub it on the both the sides of the stain and take it out after an hour. Repeat a few times.

Comment

No, buy an apron and stick to using it.

Comment

Re: Oil stains

Originally posted by Muslim_Queen:
                            Anybody know how I can get them out? It's annoying because so many of my good outfits have been ruined by oil.Is there any way to get them out?
                            Do you work under a car? If so try overalls and leave the prada dress for other occasions.

sure thing...I am just here to help, no need to thank me.

Comment

^ Next time you go to her place for dinner, she is gonna feed you carburator. Spark plugs for appetizer. And Penzoil to wash it all down.
                              "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Working...
                              X