X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cupping/Hijama

Has anyone tried this? any reviews?

Re: Cupping/Hijama

Someone was advertising doing it here with real rhino horns, so I reported them as rhinos are endangered and trading their horns is illegal.

It can be done without them using cups, it must work as the Chinese have been doing t for about 3000 years, though my friend who had it done didn't feel any different.

Comment

I know lots of people who have tried it and some get it done regularly. They have reported their sugar levels, bp, cholesterol etc. levels getting better in subsequent test results. I may try it myself soon.

Comment

What is it?
        Procrastination at its finest .. Thats me =)

Comment

It does give relief... And it is a sunnah I believe.
          Its bigger on the inside!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetmoi View Post
            What is it?
            Wet cupping - It is the process of extracting old blood from areas where it is not broken down easily in the body - such as the back and the head. It makes way for new blood and can reduce or stop many ailments linked to blood - from various heart related diseases to skin related ones.
            The Prophet(SAW) said:
            "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Cupping/Hijama

Do you guys recommend any good places to get this treatment performed in London? Also what about Lahore

Comment

Originally posted by rukz1913 View Post
                Do you guys recommend any good places to get this treatment performed in London? Also what about Lahore
                I wouldn't get it done in Lahore you'll probably get hepatitis!

In London just visit any Chinese therapy centre, they'll all do it.

Comment

how does this process work?

Comment

They put small cuts in you with a sterile sharp blade on your back, back of your head, under the knees and place cups over them which draws out dead blood and fat and other crap.

Comment

donating blood to the blood bank serves the same purpose......
                      forces your body to make new blood which is healthier and better able to carry nutrients and oxygen to your body.

Comment

ewww.....that sounds horrible. just thinking about it creeps me out. i'd be afraid of sanitation issues and contracting hepatitis, hiv, aids, etc.

Comment

raania are they doing it in Lahore ?
                          "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

Alhumdolilah few times.

it is good for your health.

hijama | Search Results |

See if there is some one near your place.The list is old but may give you some information
                            http://www.hijamadirectory.info/directory

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/religion-...86-hijama.html this old thread may give you some good information,
                            لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة
                            BROTHERS NOT SLAVES. Regain Respect

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna View Post
                              donating blood to the blood bank serves the same purpose......
                              forces your body to make new blood which is healthier and better able to carry nutrients and oxygen to your body.
                              Peace Sister Muzna

Donating blood is highly regulated. They don't allow people who have problems to donate blood ... Hijama is for the purpose of getting rid of bad blood. Blood donating is for the purposes of collecting good blood.

Although you are right that new fresh blood is produced from donating ... the problem is donating does not get rid of bad old blood that has pooled - it is called blood pooling or blood stasis in regions that the normal circulatory system cannot flush out. Certain parts of the body will have years of built up nasty stuff - almost like the greasy deposits at the bottom of a gasoline tank from years of using petroleum ... the normal flow of it going in to the engine cannot ensure the heavier fractions are always used and they gradually collect at the bottom.

In a similar way ... blood will do the same ... That is why when people go for hijama or wet-cupping you will find thick sticky almost black blood that comes out ... rather than fresh red flowing blood. They access the regions where blood stasis occurs - such as the back, head and back of the knees.

When you do zibiha of some animal all the fresh blood will flow out, however all the areas where blood pooling has occurred will remain with blood and often this blood is thicker almost congealed and when preparing the meat we have to clean that out physically. I'm sure you have seen that when preparing meat. This is a similar thing. The stagnant blood will cause some people several issues and cleaning it out makes us healthier ... I have not done it yet ... but I intend to go inshaAllah ... there is a place in the Souk ...
                              The Prophet(SAW) said:
                              "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Working...
                              X