Addiction to Colas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addiction to Colas

Hello everybody.Hope everyone is doing fine.
    Well i am badlyyyyyyyyyyy addicted to Pepsi I cant live without it even for a single day.I have heard lots about its harmful effects.Wanted to share it here Could U guys plz throw some light on its Harmful effects in details and also suggest ways how to get rid of this addiction?
    mary....

Re: Addiction to Colas

if you take diet pepsi, it should be marginally ok because it doesn't hard you in a deadly way. as far as aspartame intake is concerned, it would say it's safe in moderate quantities otherwise it would carry some kinda warning by FDA or Health Canada or it's equivalent in your country.

my nephew is a 'Pepisoholic'...he has been taking 2-3 cans of diet Pepsi a day everyday for the last 10 years or so...i've been taking 20 packs of Splenda [1pack = 2 spoons of regular sugar] a day every day for the last 5 years or so...we are ALL ok...

...i talked to my family physician about the excessive intake of aspartame, he said it's fine as it is absolutely safe!
    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

We all consider ourselves to be okay for now.....but who knows what the future holds?
      I would recommend that you refrain from using any sort of artificial chemicals.

Comment

I've been a cola addict (sometimes I buy pepsi too) since my teenage years. I'm 34 now and still regularly drink cola. Now because of me my children have used it often too and are even more addicted than me to cola.

It's true it isn't that healthy, but at 34 I'm still quite healthy myself (though a bit out of shape, but that has nothing to do with cola, that is from eating chocolate and pizza and cheese while not excercizing as regularly as I should! I will start with that again though, as soon as I don't have a cold anymore).

One a different note, when you have stomach problems, such as feeling a bit sick, cola actually helps you feel better.

Comment

At the end of the day, excess of anything is harmful ... soft drinks cause immense harm to the body systems ... the effects show during old age ... so might as well refrain from all this sugar and chemical intake ...

I used to be an addict and so was my husband .. we started bringing home sparkled water .. would mix in some lemon juice or orange juice .. we have the bottles stocked up .. we avoid the cans ... cans are so tempting and easy to give into ... the large bottle .. we keep telling ourselves if we open the bottle we wont be able to finish the 2 litres of it which means we dont open them that frequently now ... a childish trick but it has worked !!!

Also , we encourage each other to look for caffeine drinks ... more juices but if occasionally we do want to have cola , we prefer to have 7 up or fanta instead ...
          The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

i love coke (not the snorting type) - yuk

Comment

Anything n Everything in excess is bad.

Its hard bt once u make yr decision, its nt impossible to let go of the addiction. I was addicted to colas too but since 2 yrs i take them only occassionly n for that 2 i usually go for diet.
              Don't tell God that you have a big problem, tell your problem that you have a big God :)

Comment

Kuch nhe hota awain baatein bani hui hai ........Khao Peeyo Khush Raho Muskurao Kiya Pta Kal Ho Na Ho!

Comment

The only way you can rid of it is by will power. I have been drinking diet soda drinks for more than 4 years now. But 3 months back I decided to completely cut on any carbonated drinks & just drink water instead. (in my case pepsi helps for migraine so my biggest reason for drinking it before was to stop an oncoming migraine.

It was tough in the first 7 days but now I have been soda free since more than 3 months.

Its all about will power at the end.

Good luck.

Oh & Waleed agar aik daanth (tooth) 3 din tak carbonated drink may para rahay to woh completely dissolve ho jata hai. Imagine how acidic & dangerous these drinks must be.
                  Even a Smile can be Charity!

Comment

Im a pepsiholic, I have to drink it everyday. I drink at least half of a big bottle everyday! can't stop won't stop!

Comment

Our house is cola free house, and proud of it. Stop drinking that poison people and especially stop giving it to your kids... you are creating future diabetes
                      and disease-stricken population.
                      The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone. —Robin Williams
                      I breathe deep, the fragrance of regret...

Comment

I don't really care if adults drink it but sheesh dont' feed it to your kids!
                        The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

to know about its harmful effects do one experiment or may b two. leave a piece of meat or a penny in a glass of coke. if after few days u see meat being dissolved or pennt getting holes u'll know its affects in ur body

Comment

Originally posted by cutesponge View Post
                            Hello everybody.Hope everyone is doing fine.
                            Well i am badlyyyyyyyyyyy addicted to Pepsi I cant live without it even for a single day.I have heard lots about its harmful effects.Wanted to share it here Could U guys plz throw some light on its Harmful effects in details and also suggest ways how to get rid of this addiction?
                            I LOVE pepsi. And for the longest time I stayed away from it. And just the past couple of weeks....someone brought several cartons of it. And I've been drinking a can each day...and I've been getting headaches more often. I'm better off when the stuff is not in the home.....cuz I usually don't go buying it myself.

Comment

for me chocolates n sodas both always give me tummy while their restriction makes huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X