Know any natural remedies for stress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know any natural remedies for stress?

Salaam all ok basically I think im a little stressed nowadays and its due to a build up of a number of factors which would take me years to write up and would bore the heck out of you all lol. But all in all i feel it has built up to a point where it has become hard to keep telling myself that time will fix all problems and bring about solutions and postive changes. I wouldnt call it depression because Alhumdulilah I have a lot to be grateful for and when i compare my concerns to those who have real genuine problems in life, i feel blessed that Allah has provided me with so much. But all that is not helping me and i feel this stress is taking its toll on my health ever since I've been going through these problems. My hair is falling out, im always feeling lethargic, ive gained so much weight my clothes from last year barely fit, my stomach always hurts whether i eat or not, my skin is grey and dry and i have very low confidence. Theres days when i just dont want to get out of bed because i know that as soon as i get up i have all the same things going on again and i just cant be asked to face another day of these thoughts. Can any of you recommend a herbal tea or something that a hakim in the family would prescribe? All suggestions much appreciated!

Re: Know any natural remedies for stress?

aapko ma'joon kii zaroorat hai...jaise, gulqand
    Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
    16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Majoon and gulkand? Khalil khan bhai, your urdu is too khaalis for me please elaborate...

Comment

Originally posted by theBadCook View Post
        Majoon and gulkand? Khalil khan bhai, your urdu is too khaalis for me please elaborate...
        i just mentioned the types and names of the natural remedies made N marketed by Tibbiya College, AMU.qulqand is a brand name of a floral amalgamated paste made from several medicinal flowers, including roses!

does that suffice?
        Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
        16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

much appreciated. Now i'll have to check if ebay has some

Comment

mint tea is a stress buster!
            it would help with weight issues too i guess

Comment

and you should know your body has rights over you too...let it feel good..take some fresh air,a walk every evening!nature is a stress buster!have some isphagol(husk) for your digestive system to feel better!
              yoga help with relaxing too..you could try that.

Comment

You can buy these plug-in diffusers for dogs to relieve stress (they're often marketed around Fireworks Night etc).. wish you could get them for humans as well
                Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

Exercise.
                  Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

Thanks guys, i will try all of the above, minus the majoon, which google says is the drug hemp? Lol Khalil Khan i dont live in Amsterdam so such ingredients arent so readily available. Unfortunately! but thank you all for your advice

Comment

Originally posted by Deeba1234 View Post
                      You can buy these plug-in diffusers for dogs to relieve stress (they're often marketed around Fireworks Night etc).. wish you could get them for humans as well

funny but you can.......just purchase the glade plug-ins with Lavender refills. these do a lot to relieve stress......best to use them in your bathroom as this is a smaller space and allows the scent to linger rather than disperse quickly.
                      add scented candles in lavender and a hot bath and you'll do well.

sleep also helps stress. try to find some extra sleep time if you can.

Comment

Lavendar is known to have a calming effect. I think eucalyputs is also said to reduce reduce stress. You can even get those Aromatherapy bath salts and scrubs from Bath and Body Works.....and indulge in a relaxing soak before bed time. Some of the products are for stress reductaion and others are to promote sleep. Perhaps herbal teas might work..although teas contain caffeine. There are natural herbal supplements that promote sleep and relaxation. Maybey try yoga?

Comment

deep breathing works tonns ... go for a walk often and ensure you do deep breathing every hour .. this really helps relieve alot of stress ...

Stop having coffee and tea .. these things build up stress even more ...

Start taking camomile tea , it is really really relaxing ... go for a massage ... or see if you can join a yoga group ...

In the end , you just got to learn to manage stress before it starts taking over your life .. and for that you need to put your body in the habit of throwing that stress out via an activity ... what activity that should be , you decide ..
                          The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

things that work in a situation like yours are
                            -will power...u need to push urself out of bed and get going. make a plan for each day that motivates u to go.
                            -social network....positive friends u can have nice time with. inviting friends or going over both ways its helpful.
                            -take a supplement(vitamins), omegas 3-6-9 regularly. a must
                            -herbs like saint john wart/ ashwagandha help in reducing stress. u can get them in capsule form online or from a GNC, health store.
                            - bring in exercise slowly in your routine. u can start with a dance or swimming class.
                            -accupuncture, accupressure and massages
                            -volunteering for a cause
                            or may be take a cooking class

Comment

the only natural/herbal remedy for stress/tension/anxiety i know of is rock rose essence, you get it at earthfare or probably any whole foods market. a doctor friend had recommended it to me and he gives it to his lil son when he gets over anxious/nervous. It's natural and herbal and it helps me with my anxiety/stress, ask your doctor if it's ok for you to take it just to be on the safe side. it picks me up
                              Last edited by Nisha25; Nov 17, 2011, 03:26 PM.
                              Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. 8:7

Comment

Working...
                              X